Wednesday, July 1, 2009

____ years ago about this time, we were.....

1 year ago: I was probably nannying for these 2 little rascals that I watched last summer. They were quite the handful. Quite. If I never have to watch an episdoe of Spongebob ever again, I think I'll be OK. Or I could have been studying for Arkansas History (boring), while Matt was at work at Athletic World. I can honestly say that we're both glad to be done with those jobs.

2 years ago: We were finishing up wedding details and getting ready for our big day....we only had 7 other weddings to go to that summer before our own, which was the 8th and final one. In fact, July 7, 2007 Matt was a groomsmen (or usher? can't remember!) in the Euken wedding, and I was a personal attendant for Brooke (Walker) Miller. You know you're loved when you are double-booked for weddings on a given Saturday. We have the best friends! Congratulations to 2 years to the Eukens and the Millers! We love you guys!

3 years ago: We were engaged, but feeling like our wedding would never get here. We had been engaged for 6 months, and still had a year to go. That summer is kind of a blur to me.

4 years ago: I was hanging out with my family on a weekend away from camp. I remember talking with my sister about the perpetual "I wonder when I'll meet the guy I'm going to marry" conversation that we had throughout the years.... I had NO idea that only a few days later, I would meet the man I would marry.


It's fun to think back on some really fun memories of all you friends and family...MK and I are so blessed by you. We love ya'll!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Thanks for reminiscing through this blog! It's hard to believe that we haven't known Matt for a lifetime! We're so blessed to have him in our family! July is a good month!! :)