WARNING: This post contains material that is just not that important.
If you are not a Jon and Kate Plus 8 or Bachelorette fan, this post may be boring to you. Please do not fall asleep while reading. On the other hand, if you DO enjoy these shows, I would greatly appreciate your opinions because I am curious...
1. Jon and Kate Plus 8
I don't know about any of you, but I was a little disappointed that tonight's show was just a recap. I had seen every single one of those episodes. On the other hand, they "owe" us nothing, and I don't really know why I even watch anymore. That show really makes me sad. I guess I was especially saddened when they reviewed all the trips they had taken while doing the show. Utah, Chicago to the Oprah show, the beach, Memphis.........and Hawaii. They must have had some amazing editing because when that show first ran, it was very clear what the purpose of that trip was--to renew their vows. Period. Tonight when they showed clips from that very same trip, it was simply of the family swimming in the ocean, hula dancing, and frolicking on the beach. Those are all great things, but I guess it would have been a bit of a downer for them to have to reminisce on how they were once committed to one another.
2. The Bachelorette
Tonight's show was like a roller coaster ride. So many "unexpected" things happened tonight. Had it not been for all the previews to the show, I might have actually been surprised. haha! But anyway, it does make for good tv.
First of all, I could not believe that Jillian went on 5 different home town visits. I felt like that was a huge commitment to each gentleman and that she should have sent more guys home before meeting their families. (Again--good reminder that it's just a TV show, but still!).
Second, I appreciated Jake coming back to protect Jillian. I didn't appreciate his crying after he left and had told her. I think he should have just told her and then left the ball in her court--it was her dumb fault not to believe Jake and side with Wes.
Brings me to my 3rd point. How is Wes still on the show? I honestly think that with some of the stuff he has said in his interviews about how he is only there to promote his band and sell CD's, ABC has the responsibility to tell her or at least let her know something is just not right. I don't think they should set her up for failure. That's just dumb. So, tonight, Jillian, I lost a little respect for you. I mean, Mr. Never Tells a Lie [Jake] comes on the show and tells you something, you ought to believe him. Don't side with the quirky, irritable, uncaring Wes. That was your loss.
Next, I was glad to see Ed back. I am excited to see if anything happens there, but I am a little worried for him because she did not get to meet his family. If you think back to Melissa, that did not bode well for her last season, and I would hate for that to happen to Ed. He seems like a nice guy. We'll see.
I was definitely bummed that she sent Michael home. He was SOOOO funny; maybe a little immature, but come on--so funny!!! I thought he was really sweet and very real....after the way that she went on and on and on about how she really wanted someone who could make her laugh and had a good sense of humor, I was surprised to see him go. I guess that wasn't as big a deal as she let on. Again, I lost a little respect for her. Boo. I hope he is the Bachelor next season.
Stay tuned for next week. Be sure to leave your opinions and comments...I REALLY REALLY like them....then I know that this is actually a blog, and not just an online journal that I write for myself. Thanks! :-)
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We missed Jon and Kate, but did watch the Bachelorette! I totally agree with you and I knew you'd be disappointed to see Michael go home. I thought she soooo enjoyed herself on that home visit. I cannot believe that she continues to allow Wes to stay--she's definitely not making a rational decision. Drama, drama, drama! I too was glad to see Ed back, but think he's got a lot of ground to make up!
Post a Comment