Thursday, June 25, 2009

Iowa visit, Continued....

In addition to Lori's wedding, I was able to spend some quality time with my parents for a few days....we got a lot accomplished in a few days:
  • Cleaned out my bedroom junk--I mean stuff--from boxes that we have been moving from house to house. It was fun to read through old journals from junior high, look at old pictures, find treasures that I had simply forgotten about. And then PURGE some of it. Do I really need my Algebra II homework from 10th grade? Honestly....
  • Helped my dad clean out his office. He is using up vacation days until July 1st when he will OFFICIALLY be retired (from education, he would want me to remind you).
  • Played with Missy. She still acts like a puppy at times...
  • Hung out with my mom during the day, playing games, chatting, and just spending time together.
  • Went to a retirement party for all the retirees at his school. It was neat to hear all of the sweet things that the school board president had to say, as well as countless other teachers, staff members, and school board members. He will truly be missed, that's for sure!
  • Celebrated his last school board meeting with drumsticks (the ice cream cone kind, not the chicken) and a dip in the hot tub.

  • Went to the driving range a few times and even got a round of golf in....MK's pretty excited that I'm getting back into the swing of things [pun intended].

It was a really great trip. Thanks, MK, for letting me be gone for a week. I appreciate the way you work so hard for us to provide for all our needs so that I could be away. :) Makes me excited for our next vacation to Okoboji in July. I can't wait!!!

No comments: