- disciplined in my relationship with Christ
- disciplined in our finances
- disciplined in working out
This growing up stuff is hard work.
So, update:
- Summer has always been a good time for growth for me because I am a reader, so I am excited to re-read Captivating and complete the journal that goes with it (Thanks, Kleppes, for a great Christmas present!)
- If you read my last post, you know that Matt and I have really started taking steps in becoming free financially. There are checkpoints along the way that Howard Dayton, the author of Your Money Map, advises families to go through. We have only recently started going through the book, but we have already progressed through the first 2 checkpoints. Yeah!!!
- Working out has always been a tough thing for me ever since high school. It used to be FUN to work out. Yep, you heard me right. I enjoyed it. I was with my friends in a squat position at volleyball practice for what seemed like hours (ok, Coach Hadley would probably disagree because we cheated sometimes) and we would jump, run, do ladders, etc. That was fun to me because by the middle of the season, we were in great shape and could do just about anything without dying.
Now I step on the treadmill, and I run for a few minutes and I'm dying. It is getting better though. I am running longer and faster than when I started. The only reason is my friend, the treadmill. Without it, I'd be barely moving down the road. I've just come to the realization that although I'd love to be able to run outside, I don't think I can because I just don't keep up the pace on my own. Bummer. But at least I know my own brain and body well enough. Plus, the fun part is lifting. That is my reward for running on that stupid treadmill. I really enjoy lifting--toning my arms, legs, and abs (they're in there somewhere, right?).
2 comments:
So proud of you in all of these areas of discipline! It is not easy! Way to go!! I'll be praying for you in all three areas! I'm so proud of your commitment to be financially free! God will honor your hard work and discipline. Way to go, Matt and kristin!! We love you guys! You're doing it right!
I'm not a runner as you know, but I would love for you to walk with me when you're up here for Lori's wedding, since I don't have a treadmill! Think about it!! :) It would be fun to do together!
Love ya!!
Hey Kristin!
Just discovered your blog :) So many great gems in here - you write so well! I was wondering - when you do lifting do you have a specific routine you do at home with free weights? I'm trying to start doing some toning before the wedding and am wondering what works :)
Thanks!
Nicole Frame
Post a Comment