Steroids that is....
Oh what a week. The antibiotic didn't work, so I'm back on Prednisone.
Here's my ever-running positives and negatives list...many are new to the list now that I'm a parent that I wasn't quite aware of before:
+I've got so much energy!
-I've got so much energy that I'm awake all hours of the night!
+I'm awake all hours of the night, but at least now I have a reason to be up in the middle of the night...
-I had to quit nursing. Prednisone is not safe for infants at the high dose and long time frame that I am required to take it (a tapering dose that lasts for 8 weeks). Not nursing was really hard for me. It was kind of the death of a dream, which sounds stupid, but I really had high hopes that I could breastfeed, and I'm sad to say it's over. Honestly I wanted him to get the "magical milk" that is breast milk. I know it can't cure everything, but I read so much about the wonders of breast milk, so I wanted him to have it. Sigh.Very disappointing.
+I can't nurse anymore....anyone can feed Will any time now. Not just me. Woohoo. Freedom.
+Will takes a bottle well, so he's fine with formula.
-I become a crazy person. It messes with my mind and emotions.
+I'm not going to the bathroom 8 times a day and 3 times in the night anymore.
-Weight gain and water retention. With pregnancy weight still on, this one is quite frustrating.
Thanks for your continued prayers!
We have not gotten Will's appointment scheduled with the pediatric urologist set up yet, but I will keep you all posted so you can pray!!
Much love!
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Praying for you Kristin, Will and Matt! Praying for your health Kristin that you will feel better soon and for sweet Will that our Great Physician will bring down his enlarged kidneys. Praying for His peace to fill all of you and for you to understand His love for all of you, especially sweet Will, in a much deeper way.
Post a Comment