2. When Will was in utero, his ultrasounds showed that his kidneys were enlarged. Our OB said that it usually corrects itself before the baby is born, but we would probably do an ultrasound once he was here.
So, we did an ultrasound the week Will was born, and there hadn't been any improvement. In fact, it was worse.
So, they had us do another ultrasound yesterday, and again, the condition has worsened.
They are referring us to Arkansas Children's Hospital to see a urologist and do some more testing. I don't know anything more than that at this point. My momma heart is so sad for Will. It's one thing for me to be sick all the time, but not him!!!
Please pray:
-that it would resolve itself or that Will would outgrow it quickly
-for peace as we go to these appointments and for us to keep everything in perspective
-if more does need to be done, that we would continue to trust Him with the outcome
3. I am in the midst of a UC flare. Ugh!! Fortunately, we caught it early I think, so I'll be taking an anti-inflammatory drug rather than going straight to prednisone (steroids). I'm very happy with this decision. It's only 9 pills a day....
I am weary. I've been tired anyway, but this has added a whole new level to it. Thankfully I've had amazing help!!!
Please pray:
-that this drug works (and quickly) and that steroids won't be needed
-for freedom from worry/anxiety/fear which will only make things worse
-that I get my energy back quickly
THANKS:
A biiiiiiiiiiiig thank you to my mom and MK for helping me out with Will at night since I've been absolutely pooped. Literally couldn't do it without them!!!!!!!!
I now know what this phrase truly means:
-"it takes a village"....THANK YOU to everyone for your love and support, for bringing us meals, for your kind texts, emails, and calls since Will has been born!
Thanks everyone for your prayers! I saw this today and thought it was pretty accurate:


3 comments:
I like to substitute "Family" or "Church" to raise a child. I am not sure about letting the "village" raise my child. Maybe just semantics.
I like to substitute "Family" or "Church" to raise a child. I am not sure about letting the "village" raise my child. Maybe just semantics.
I like that, Mark! It's so true.
Yes, I don't quite trust all the villagers, so I like "church" or "family" better. Maybe even "community"--there is a reason Scripture tells us to live in community.
Post a Comment