Friday, March 21, 2014

Woah baby...what a whirlwind

The past few weeks need some documentation.  One day I will look back on this time of our lives and want to remember what I was thinking and what was going on. 

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind. Somehow now that we're parents, time seems to be going faster.  Maybe it's the whole counting weeks thing....during pregnancy and now that he's home.  Every minute, hour, day, and week is counted it seems like and somehow that makes them go sooo FAST. 

The first couple of weeks we were home were truly survival mode...for all of us.  Will was still figuring out how to do the three things he does most of the day: eat, sleep, and poop.  The first two weeks we were home, it was just about making sure Will ate and gained weight. It was hard work for all parties involved.

Then we hit week 5 and holy moly did our kiddo discover that he liked to eat.  I tried all kinds of tummy and gas drops (only later to realize in hindsight) that the kid was just plain hungry.  So many of your prayed for him to gain weight.  My goodness did he grow.  Once he started getting a full feed at each meal, it was amazing how much his little personality started to come alive and the crankiness just went away (He must take after me.  I don't skip many meals, and when I am hungry I am CRABBY). 

Then we went a few weeks where I felt like I could not fill my kid up...he was never satisfied at any feeding.  Every parenting book and website talks about growth spurts being 2-3 days...nope.  Not our kid.  He seriously had like a 2-3 week-long growth spurt.  It was kind of exhausting.  I think we're on the other side of it now that we are at 8 weeks.   



Now we are trying to fit into a rhythm.  I do better on a flexible schedule...not where every single minute of my day is planned, but when I can at least anticipate what the day will hold.  Since Will is like a little clock as far as eating, he naturally has fallen into a good pattern.  I've read the BabyWise book and now I'm addicted to the Chronicles of a BabyWise Mom website too....I'm hoping that by starting Will out on it now that it will pay off in the long run!  Any other BabyWise fans out there?   I'd love to know what works well for you and what didn't.


All in all, life's been a beautiful whirlwind lately.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: