I asked for people's advice, and while I have not read everything that has been suggested, here's what I have read in the last few weeks:
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Piccoult

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

The London Eye Mystery by Siobhan Dowd

Waiting for Normal by Leslie Connor

Sweethearts by Sara Zarr

Blackbox by Julie Schumacher
The last 4 are geared to "young adolescents," and they are so good. I enjoy adolescent literature because it leaves out all the stuff I just don't need--sickening amounts of swearing, lovey dovey stuff that is just too corny, etc. Even if you think you are too old or too mature, I promise you can enjoy these.
I'm keeping a log of everything I read this year. I think my sister was my inspiration for this--she keeps lists of just about anything. But seriously--it really does motivate you to keep reading, and I'm sure someone out there reading this will tie it to my competitive nature. I think I just like to see progress (plus, sometimes I get to the library and just can't remember if I've read a book or not--is that sad?); reading is just such a great outlet for me. I'm also continuing my daily dose of Proverbs as well as some other good stuff in my quiet times each day....I'm just sticking to the fiction stuff today.
Happy Reading!
1 comment:
Yay! Glad you're finding some good books...I may try to take some of those adoles. books to the beach. I'll leave my presidential biographies and historical books behind! :) Yay for making lists too...I'm like you, I LOVE seeing progress. :) Love you.
Post a Comment