Sunday, June 28, 2009

Anticipation--it's great!

MK and I are going on vacation with my parents, his parents, and his brothers this summer. There are no other people that we would rather be going on vacation with (Cupps, we wish you could come too. Maybe another time, right?).

Anyhow, we leave for Wisconsin in about two weeks to enjoy some quality time with Matt's family, especially his grandparents who we don't get to see nearly enough. We are so looking forward to just relaxing, with no agenda, and I know MK is looking forward to the much-needed time away from work. Right now, he works 5.5 days per week, so having 9 days off in a row will be pure bliss for sure. Then we'll head out to Okoboji for a week at camp on the lake.

Right now, we are just dying to be on vacation. It's all we think about sometimes. It's the anticipation and planning that is just so much fun. We're looking forward to golfing, eating great meals together, playing in the lake, going for boat rides, hanging out around camp, playing carpet ball, having good conversations in the morning, playing some serious games at night, staying up late, sleeping in, and enjoying being with those we love the most. It's gonna be awesome.

I'm going out on a limb when I say this...but anticipating a good vacation might very well be just as good as going on vacation. Almost.

No comments: