
In anticipation of 25+ hours of driving in the next 2 weeks, I am wondering if you all can pull through and come up with some car games that we can play in the car. We've driven these routes enough times that the scenery just doesn't quite cut it anymore.
Just so you know what I have to work with, here's what we already play. Maybe you will find yourself in the car this summer and be in need of some amusement as well:
- The license plate game: get one from each state, etc. There are probably millions of variations on this one.
- Colleges and mascots: one person names a college; the other names that college's mascot. This one works particularly well when you have a sports nerd in the car, as in my case. :)
- 20 questions: Is there really any need to explain? We have also played 20 questions with people...that is a lot of fun.
- States and capitals: One says a state, the other person lists the capital. Works best when you have an atlas in the car. Another variation is to name the states and then guess its largest city. You'd be surprised how many state's capitals are NOT the largest city....ok, we're kinda nerdy. I know. But it can be interesting.
- "The song game," for lack of a better name: Pick a word, such as "love" and then take turns going around thinking of songs that have that particular word in it....this one can go on forever, which is nice. Other tried and true choices for buzz words are, "woman/man," colors, numbers, etc.
- Alphabet games: Again, there are millions of variations on this one. We like to go through the alphabet thinking of a movie (or you could do a song, book, state, etc) that begins with each letter. NO REPEATS!! After 10+ rounds, it sure does get tough. You can always look for signs too that have each letter...that gets old quick though.
I'm sure there are probably more, but this is all I can think of for now. I would really appreciate any thoughts on this one....let's see how many we can come up with! :)
3 comments:
K-
I've seen a lot of conversation starter games around lately- just a pack of cards with tons of questions to start conversations. i'm sure they are at major book stores. I've seen them at B'La Rue on the Btvl square.
Also, I just bough our niece a brain quest card game at Sam's. They might have ones for Adults- 300 questions and answers.
Christie
Great idea! We used to bring Trivial Pursuit cards, but those were way too hard for me....those could definitely work though :) Thanks, Christie!
We play a couple games...
A game we call Three.
Someone picks a topic (Like favorite food, most embarrassing moments, favorite place to be, etc)
And then you go around and say your Three that fit the topic.
We also play the song game but someone picks a word and then you make up a song that has the word in it. Dave and I don't usually play this alone though, usually witht the kids which makes it a little more interesting.
Post a Comment