Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sing a song of celebration...

I am re-reading the book Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge. The last time I read it was 4 years ago before I met Matt. It's amazing how God spoke to my heart then and how he is speaking to my heart now....through the same words, the same analogies, the same Scriptures, but He is teaching me different lessons. Lessons that I need now. Reminders that I need now. Promises that are freeing.....truth.

The biggest take-away that I got from what I read today was the reminder that we were not created for this place. In our heart, we know there is more to come than just what this life has to offer. That desire in our hearts for the eternal in a fallen world makes for some difficulties.

For me, this is just something that I need to remind myself of daily. This world is not our home. We long for more because God intended for us to have more.......in eternity with Him.

Makes me think of a worship song from days past (emphasis on past :) ) Check it out here:

Sing a song of celebration
Lift up a shout of praise
For the Bridegroom will come
The glorious One
And oh, we will look on His face
We’ll go to a much better place

Dance with all your might
Lift up your hands and clap for joy
The time’s drawing near
When He will appear
And oh, we will stand by His side
A strong, pure, spotless bride

We will dance on the streets that are golden
The glorious bride and the great Son of Man
Every tongue, tribe, and nation
Will join in the song of the Lamb.

I’m looking forward to that day. A lot.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

YAY Krisin. You know this is one of my All-TIME favs! God is so good!:) Love You!

Wendi Cupp said...

Amen! Let's talk more about that book sometime...you know it's one of my favorites! :) I love talking "Eldredge" with others! :)

Mom said...

Do I know that song? It's a neat one, but I can't come up with a tune in my head! Love your thoughts, though, it's so true, our home is not here and we should be ( I should be) more mindful on a daily basis of my eternal home! Love ya!