Monday, July 13, 2009

Blessed (Re)assurance

As I was walking through WalMart this morning picking up random last minute items for our vacation, I hear a little voice call out, "Did you get a job yet?" Oh brother. I stopped the cart so suddenly and definitely thought I was hearing things. I mean, I think it all the time, but to honestly think I was literally hearing things? I turn around, hoping I am not going crazy, and I find the principal that has been so good to me that gave me the long-term subbing position this past semester. We had a lovely conversation--I for one, felt better knowing that I wasn't hearing things!!! She even told me that they haven't started registering new students for the school year yet--they will do that in about 2 weeks, so they don't have their numbers nailed down yet.

All that to say, my prayer has been that I would either interview BEFORE vacation (which obviously hasn't happened) or AFTER. Now that vacation is here, the thought of being called when I am 10 hours away, just isn't appealing. I know, I know--I want my cake and to eat it too. I guess that's the selfish side of me that just wants to go and enjoy being away. Soooooooooooo...to wrap up what I gathered from her: now is a good time to travel, they will probably be interviewing just about the time that I return, and we have nothing planned when we get back, so I can just relax knowing that I haven't missed out on anything. Oh oh oh, and she told me that the numbers at her school are interesting. For example, if they register 2 more 3rd graders, they will need another section of 3rd grade, so she would be hiring. (This would be a good good thing!!!!!!!) And that was just third grade, so things are looking up in my world.

I hope someday (soon) I look back on these posts and think, "o ye of little faith." I so believe God has a job out there for me--it's just the timing that I don't know.

Anyhow, I just felt like God was telling me, "calm down, Kristin. I've got big plans for you. Will it help if I let you talk to a principal? Ok, she's in the vitamins aisle next to you...if you need reassurance, you can have it.....[[[conversation with principal]]]...... There? Are you happy now? Go enjoy your vacation. Rest in Me. For I Am."

So, thanks God. You turned up big for me. In WalMart, of all places. :)

1 comment:

Mom said...

PTL! So fun to read your blog even after talking with you! Isn't God good to give us some reassurances, when it's tough to be patient and wait? That was so like him to allow you to have that conversation in WalMart! I truly hope you can go on vacation and really relax and enjoy it, knowing you've not missed anything by being gone!

Have fun! Can't wait to see you and Matt and all his family on Friday! WooHoo!