Friday, May 29, 2009

Summer Memories

Well, it's so nice out today. I want to go sit out there, but if I did, I would probably sweat. Since the pool is too cold, I'm not quite ready for that yet, but here are some fun things that I used to love to do that would be fun to do this summer:
  • Have a waterfight....we always had a baby swimming pool that we would fill up with water and then get buckets to use to throw water on one another.
  • Have a water balloon fight....those were really fun. you just never knew when they would break, and usually i didn't throw mine hard enough to make them break on someone else--they usually fell on the ground and then broke.
  • Play in a softball game that goes in to extra innings. 7 were just never enough for me.
  • Swim or go boating on West Lake Okoboji....so nice.
  • Go to a small town parade.
  • Make a bonfire and sit around late talking.
  • Swim and play at Parkway Place Pool with good friends. One of the best things about that pool that I vividly remember was that the Coke machine was like an old-fashioned cooler where you just opened the lid at the top and reached in and grabbed a drink. If you brought a soda, you could trade yours in for one that was in there.....so nice. Loved that feature.
  • Stay up late talking and playing cards at my grandma's house with everyone there.
  • Play carpet ball down at the beach at Okoboji Lutheran Bible Camp.
These summer memories are so special to me, probably because of who I was with mostly. When the summer's over, I'll look back and see how many of them I am able to check off.

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE SUMMER MEMORIES???

2 comments:

Mom said...

I can almost picture all of your memories, I'm sure the ones at camp are really special too! It will be fun to see what new summer memories you make! Park Place pool will always be special, won't it?

Love you so much!

Wendi Cupp said...

I loved the time you taught me to dive! I was, what? Like 15? Hehe!! Such good memories. You can't forget summer vacations or camping! You're probably too young to remember our trip to Yellowstone---but you mastered the art of jumping rope and we played "grocery store" a lot with all of our camping food. Or how about the flood of '93---you thought we were at war because teh Nat'l Guard was there. Hehe. I love it!

Can't wait for your pool to be warmer...we'll have to teach Cole how to dive for pennies. Well, maybe not this summer, but we'll snack on goldfish while we're there! Love you.