Saturday, May 23, 2009

$4 off for 4 hours in line? No thanks.

Just got back from a morning of breakfast and shopping with my sister. We had a great time catching up over bagels at Einstein's and then we did some shopping.

We started at Old Navy because I had heard a rumor about their flip flops being $1 today. I didn't really think too much of it, but apparently the rest of NW Arkansas was thinking the exact same thing this morning around 10:00. It was almost hard to find a parking spot.

We walk in the door, and I'm just stunned. People people everywhere. I'm a pretty good estimater, and I would say that the checkout line had at least 100 people in it. Seriously. No lie. It snaked its way through the store and really just overwhelmed me.

Needless to say, we were there for about 5 minutes. $4 off for 4 hours in line? No thanks.

(We did have to chuckle because when we went to Kohls and the Promenade, there really weren't many people there. I literally think everyone was at Old Navy. Insanity.)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Not my idea of a fun time shopping either! I can see why you didn't stay long! It's totally not worth it!

Hope you had a fun time together! So glad you can do things with each other! I've never lived close enough to one of my sisters to be able to do that! Cherish the time together, as I know you do!