Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Just plain ridiculous

Last night around 8:30 MK and I got a call from some of our best friends down here. We've been blessed to get to know them through our community group and our friendship has just blossomed. Aw. It's great. Anyhow, it wasn't really that strange to get a call at night from them because we all call each other at random times normally...

Anyhow, they called to tell us that they had been in a car accident. I was instantly shocked--I hate anything car-related and immediately had sympathy and concern for them because wrecks are just the worst.

They told me that they were hit by a car that was in a high speed chase running away from the cops! The guy was traveling over 125 mph traveling on an off ramp while they were just headed on to the opposite on ramp. Hopefully you can kinda picture that.

Since he was traveling so fast, the driver turned hard to the left so as not to hit them I guess and lost all control. What a joke. Instead, he fishtailed his car straight into their back right bumper and spun them around! By the way, he was driving a car and they were in an ESCALADE. He was driving fast enough to spin an ESCALADE. So ridiculous.

Thankfully, the police were right there when it happened. After all, they were chasing the guy. So as some officers took off on foot, others helped our friends out. They only sustained "minor" injuries--stiffness, bruises, bumps, scrapes, aches. I say "minor" because in something so crazy as this, the worst part is the shock and fear that it puts into a person I think.

Pray for our friends that they will continue to heal--mentally, physically, and emotionally...we're so glad they're OK. It could have been a lot worse. Thanks, Lord, for your provision.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm thankful it didn't turn out worse for them. Poor things! Talk about being at the wrong place at the wrong time! Sooooooo glad they are OK!!

Will pray that nothing serious shows up over time, as far as injuries! God bless them!