Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Arkansas....Represent!

I'm so proud that a really classy guy FROM ARKANSAS, Conway to be exact, just got into the American Idol finale. He's a humble, appreciative believer who has really got talent. I will say that I am sorry to see Danny Gokey, a Milwaukee native, go. We would have much rather had him in the finale than Adam, but all 3 are very talented. (Did you notice the "we"?? Even MK likes my shows, and he was pretty bummed about the pride of Milwaukee being out of the running). :(

You must be thinking....wow, Kristin, you really watch a lot of TV these days.

I would have to admit that it's true, but here's why:

1. In college I was too busy. I was either walking rounds around the building as an RA or going to club meetings. Then there was cooking and cleaning for my hubby. Oh yeah, homework, projects, and group assignments. Tests to study for. Not too much time for TV.

2. During student teaching, I worked ALLLLLLLL night making lesson plans and cutting stuff out...you know the drill. Teachers work at night. Didn't watch much TV.

3. We got DVR. Now I can watch TV anytime, even when we're busy. I just watch it later. YAY. It's truly glorious. I just wish that I had thought of it. What a fantastic invention. Seriously.

Basically, I'm making up for lost time here, people. I've been out of the TV loop for a while. Now, most of "my shows" (one more week for American Idol) are over, so let summer begin so we can start hanging out outside at night....playing, taking walks, reading books, swimming. AHHH! Bring on summer. I'm ready.

No comments: