Monday, May 18, 2009

God's Waiting Room

Well, it's official that I (meaning we) have entered God's waiting room.

I'm waiting for interviews to happen so that we can get the ball rolling on a job. Schools in this area tend to hire later than what I'm used to back in Iowa. That means that while lots of my friends update on their facebook with jobs that they have landed for next year, I continue to sit patiently waiting for interviews to begin. I have faith that it will be soon, since the school year is over June 2nd. I know God has something great planned for me. Mat.t does an awesome job reminding me of that.

We're in limbo with where we're going to live when our lease is up. It's tempting to run out and buy a house. I mean, who doesn't want the $8,000 first-home-buyer tax credit that they are offering??? Uhhhh, YES YES, WE DO! But like I said before, it's hard to know what our income will look like in the fall, so we're waiting on our housing situation because we're waiting on my job situation.

While I'm looking for a job, my dad is giving his up for good. I can't believe he has been in education for 30+ years! Wow! What dedication and passion for a job to do it for that long and still be great at it in the end. I know he is the one that has had the administration position, but it's really a two-person job, and I'm just as proud of the way my mom has stuck by his side through it all. It's a HUGE time commitment to be a teacher, counselor, principal (especially high school), or a superintendent. Anyone can tell you that. My mom has supported him through it all. What a ride it's been. We've all been to hundreds of games, concerts, banquets, dinners, etc. to support my dad. He's had to work even when there is no school, when there's a snow day, or sometimes when we were off playing. He always works with a cheerful heart. Daddy, I'm proud of you for finishing strong! You will never know what a great impact you have made on thousands of students and their families!

Just as one door is closing for my parents, they are hoping that God is opening new doors for them as they move down here to be closer to us kids. They are sitting next to us in God's waiting room though.....waiting for their beautiful house to sell back in Iowa so that they can officially move. They are the experts (especially in selling houses!) in trusting and believing that God has our best interest in mind, so we're proud to sit next to them in the waiting room of life.

We're also waiting for this summer and the first ever Kleppe/Nervig vacation in Okoboji in July. We're excited to get extended time with our family all together. We will have a blast, and the time until then cannot come fast enough. We love our families so much and are so excited to travel and vacation with them in such a special place for all of us. Lots of good memories there, and more amazing memories to come!

Lord, we claim Jeremiah 29:11 knowing that you have great plans in store for us. We know your timing is flawless. You have never forsaken us and never will, and we know that there are great things in store for the future. We can't wait for the rest of our journey with you to be unfolded with the plan laid out before us.

1 comment:

Mom said...

What a beautiful blog you've written, Kristin! It brought tears to my eyes! I'm so proud of your Dad as well, and he is finishing strong and has impacted more lives than he'll ever know!

Thanks for the reminder of Jer. 29:11! It's one of my favorites! We'll pray for each other as we continue in God's waiting room! It's exciting to see how he will work!

Look forward to our vacation time together too! Love you guys so much!