Thursday, May 28, 2009

6 more months....

Well, we signed a lease extension today for our apartment. Yep, we agreed to more time in our smokey-smelling, nasty shower, carpet-stained apartment. You might think we are crazy. Sometimes we think so too, but so far God has not moved us out of our quaint little home just yet.

We have put more into this apartment to make it a "home" than the last one. Uff da. Some of my more high maintenance girl friends (you know who you are--hehe--I love you!!!) would not have survived in that university apartment that was pretty much built around the same time as the dinosaurs. But ya know what? Despite the ant problem, the lack of insulation--in Iowa mind you--and deep snow banks that I walked through o save time getting to class, it was our first home, and we knew it was temporary so we dealt with it because it was soooo convenient for me at school, which was the priority at the time. Thanks, Lord, for meeting our needs on that one for sure!

So now, even though we desperately wish I had a job so that we could look for a house, get a dog, start making it our "real home" with our personalities to decorate the walls, I am reminded that where we live is our home.

So I will continue to cleaning today because someday it'll be more carpet to vacuum, more shelves to dust, and more sheets to wash. I'll count my blessings and thank the Lord for blessing me with a great home with a great man to lead me and take care of me. Life is good.

I leave you with this picture, because it's really the only room in the apartment that I'm proud of enough to take a picture. We had some help putting up decorations, etc. but we didn't have much so we're waiting on a house before we do too much else. Here ya go:







This is the view from the door as you walk in...










This is looking back towards the door from our two bedrooms....







We love you, little home. But we're excited to spread our wings and fly as homeowners soon. Just to let you know.

PS-How do I get it to NOT do that to my pictures and captions? Ha! I could mess with it, but like I said...I should be cleaning our little abode, so if someone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate it.

1 comment:

Mom said...

You will have lots of memories from this little apartment and they will be fond ones as well! I love your great attitude, and I understand where you're coming from, as we're in God's waiting room too! It's not always easy to be patient....I know!!

Love you so much! So proud of you!