Saturday, May 23, 2009

I can get that in real life....

So last night Matt still wasn't feeling the best, so I grabbed a Red Box as I was at WalMart.

I went alone, and I did my best to find something we would both enjoy--honest! I really enjoy action and adventure movies...that is my favorite genre by far, so I think MK has gotten accustomed to me bringing home those movies. Let's just say he wasn't too thrilled when I proudly announced that we would be watching Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks.

See, I had read the book maybe 3 years ago. I don't remember the plot, but I also don't remember not liking it, so it was an easy decision. You really can't go wrong with ol Sparks. I love his stuff.

Well, the first 45 minutes are great--some humor, a beautiful setting, an interesting story line, a little romance. Nice. I was actually feeling proud of myself for picking a winner, and I was excited to see if MK liked it when it was over.

Then THE plot twist. Boo. Lame. We didn't like it. I don't want to ruin the movie for all you people lining up to rent it, but we did not enjoy the ending.

Forever, MK has been telling me that he doesn't like to watch movies that have bad endings. I always thought nothing of it (I mean, who doesn't like A Walk to Remember or The Notebook--they're good even though they're sad, right?). Well, I believe he hit the nail on the head with this one.

Nicholas Sparks, we don't need that kind of ending, man. We can get that in real life. So, please, next time just entertain us--keep us laughing, keep us watching, keep us uplifted throughout the WHOLE movie please. Thanks.

2 comments:

Mom said...

It is a bummer ending! Like you said, it's good until you get to the ending! That's soooooo disappointing!

Hope Matt gets to feeling better! Love you both!

Kristin's Chronicles said...

Lame. Period.