Monday, April 1, 2013

Dear lady at WalMart,

There was a lot that I wanted to say to you at WalMart because my heart hurt for you. You were managing to get groceries with a toddler and you look like you could go into labor any day now...I even overheard you talking about it to your boyfriend/husband.

I was sad for you when you let your little kiddo just cry-scream up and down the aisles. I know some people were annoyed, but I felt bad for you. Maybe you had a rough night with no sleep? Maybe your little girl didn't take a nap today? Maybe you are just trying to let your toddler cry it out and not rush in every time?

More than anything, I was sad as I watched you walk into the store, smoking a cigarette at 9 months pregnant. I was sad for you. I was really sad for your little girl with you. And I was really really sad for the baby inside you that can't tell you to stop. Broke. My. Heart.

It wasn't my place to say anything, so I didn't.
But it did piss me off a little. (This is my blog. I'm just being honest).
I'd love to have a baby.
I'm not sure if I'll ever carry one, and you just nonchalantly smoke your cigarette, ignoring your unborn baby and sweet little toddler.
I'm praying for you. And more importantly, I'm praying you'll make healthier decisions for your family as you make your way through life.

Sincerely,
The lady at WalMart that smiled at your little girl as we passed in the dairy aisle

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: