Because we are about one-fourth of the way through 2013, I thought it would be a good idea to review MK and I's progress towards our goals.
Click here for a look back on our financial review...
Click here for a look back on our reading goals for 2013 and how we've done so far...
If any category spills over into all other categories, it is absolutely this one! How we are doing in our walk with The Lord affects our world view and everything that that we do or don't do in a day. Do we see things each day from an earthly perspective or are we focused on the eternal?!? How do we do this? Spending time with The Lord--reading and praying.
Both MK and I agreed that we can always do a better job of getting into the Word daily. I have been using a combination of Streams in the Desert daily devotional, Fellowship's suggested weekly readings that supplement the Sunday morning teaching, as well as a John Piper daily devotional app on my phone that I really like. At this point, I am averaging about 4 quiet times per week. My goal is to make this a priority and spend time reading EVERY DAY!
MK is probably more of a "free spirit reader" and typically chooses a passage straight from the Word (as opposed to a set-in-stone reading list or app)....we are different in our approach but have the same goal.
Last year we also purchased some study tools....neither have been opened much, so that's disappointing, but I'm just keeping it real!
Lastly, we are planning on taking our church's membership class called Discovery. Even though
we've been attending Fellowship for 3+ years, we have yet to take the class. Basically we will learn the core beliefs of Fellowship and the foundation that the church was first "built" upon. We're looking forward to taking it. :-)
Any thoughts?!?
Thursday, April 4, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment