I fasted this morning and just finished my appointment with my GI doctor, Dr.Kane. Here's what we learned:
-Remicade only works for 50%
-a scope is the only true way to know whether or not the Remicade is really working; you can't tell just based on how you feel.
After visiting for an hour and discussing everything from drugs to flares to pregnancy, the plan was to have a scope done to see if there is inflammation (ulcers) still in my colon. If there are ulcers, then Remicade is not doing what it's supposed to do, and surgery is the only available option because I am already receiving the highest dosage of remicade possible. If there aren't ulcers, then we can continue with Remicade (unless it quits working/loses its effectiveness)....in that case, we would proceed to surgery.
Warning: YOU MAY NOT WANT TO READ IF YOU HAVE A QUEASY STOMACH...
Today I am having a flex sig (small scope) done at 1:45--AWAKE--without sedation. This was not on the original agenda because they could not get main until next week, so I was just going to have it done back in Arkansas. So, we left the appointment and went to eat right away because I was starving...sure enough, right when we finished eating they called--a slot opened up, but since I had already eaten, they cannot sedate me. Prayers would be appreciated. Thankfully the procedure is only a few minutes!
I will post more later....
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Thursday, April 25, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment