I forgot to post after my procedure today. I was just sooo thankful it was over, so we went to the mall and to a movie to celebrate! Blogging took a backseat, but I read every text, email, and message you sent me! Thank you! I felt your prayers!!!
Again: some ICKY STUFF ahead....you've been warned. :-)
First, I had to go to the enema prep room an hour before the procedure. (Side note: I think the first time you have to do something uncomfortable is the best because you don't know any better. Ha! That was true today). For those of you that don't know what this means, they inject your you-know-what with a saline solution. Think of a small water bottle with a really long spout. They squeeze the bottle and up it goes. Then you've got to hold it. Yep. And just back up the truck and take a moment and pray for that sweet lady that had to administer these things all day..Lord, bless her. Time in.
Then, you poop. A LOT.
Repeat this again with another enema and "results" as they call it in the GI world. I have to say this prep work was soooo much better than doing the colonoscopy prep. I learned that they can do this because they are only looking at the end of your colon, so as long as it is cleared out, they are good to go.
Anyway, it turned out that I had enough time between breakfast and my procedure (they were running behind---pun intended)!!! So the good news is that I was sedated. Yay! It was over quickly and painlessly.
Tomorrow morning we go back to talk with my doctor and get the results of the scope. Will post more when we know more!
Next appt times:
Mom has two appointments. One at 8:00 and one at 9:40.
My appointment is at 10:40.
Thanks all!!!!
Love you!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Thursday, April 25, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment