Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What's been going on?

My Top Ten List of Things that Have Been Going on Lately:

10.  Celebrated my first week at my new job by going out to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings with my friends and my parents.  Thanks for coming everyone (and for treating us to dinner--you know who you are!!!).  You're a blessing.

9.  Went to the Hogs game on Saturday.  We thought it would be warmer.  It wasn't, so Mom and I bought a Razorback blanket and dad got us coffee.

That made the game much more enjoyable.  So did winning....alas, it was Tulsa, but that's OK.  A win is a win.  We also sent some funny pics to my nephew to help keep "him" entertained during the game (secretly I really had fun taking these as well)....



We always have a great time at the games!  Thanks for taking us, Mom and Dad!!!

Thanks for the tickets Mom and Dad!!!  We had a GREAT time at the game!!!!



8.  Saturday night we watched more football.  I found myself cheering for LSU.  It. Was. Crazy.  Crazy I tell you!  Only because they were playing Alabama...and don't worry; it didn't work.  LSU still lost.  Ugh.   The rest of the season will be tough for Arkansas, that's all I have to say!!!



7.  Saturday night...I woke up and just knew I was going to throw up, but I was "shocked" to find it also coming out both ends.  Oh. My. Goodness.  Ew. Ew. Ew.  It was a lousy night, that's all I'll say. I have no pictures to document the experience.  No need to thank me.

6.  Needless to say we skipped church on Sunday....

5.  I literally slept all day Sunday and all that night.  I laid low Monday and finally got my appetite back on Tuesday.  My tummy STILL isn't 100% normal.  Ugh.  I went back to work today though, and it was good to be back with the 3-dimensional people.  I can only watch so much TV.  Seriously.

4.  Matt took great care of me.  Thanks babe!!!

3.  I think I gave the stomach bug to my mom...sorry, Mom!  2 of our friends had it as well.  I guess I'm not really sure where it came from or who gave it to whom, but to each of you, I'm truly sorry.  It was terrible. 

2.  There was an election, and in case you haven't heard. Obama won!!!  Click here to read my thoughts on the election. Oh yeah, and our county is now a wet county.  MK is pretty pumped about THAT!  Thank goodness for early voting because I would NOT have felt well enough to stand in line for hours yesterday to vote.  Although, it seemed like (from the news perspective), that if you weren't a "battleground" state, your votes really didn't matter.  That was the message they sent anyway, so I wished I was still back in Iowa to vote where it would have "mattered."  I know that's not the case, but it did take a little of the joy out of voting.  Oh well.  I'm honored just to get to vote, so I will stop complaining...now.


1.  Michigan and Arkansas will be playing one another in football in the Fall of 2018 and 2019.  Should be interesting to say the least!  House divided?!?  Road trip?!?  Who's with us?

No comments: