Monday, November 12, 2012

No words...just praying

Some days I just have no words.
I don't understand why things happen to people...sadness, anxiety, loss, sickness, pain, family issues, hunger, infertility, danger, financial struggles, and the list goes on.
I sit here with a heavy heart, fiercely and fervently praying for MANY friends.

I think sometimes no words are the best.
Prayers are obviously better than silence. Yes, but I've also learned with time, the best thing is to say nothing at all. Just pray.

It's just that in one person's joy, I see others going through tough times...and when you're in the valley, you don't want to hear about people on the mountaintop (as selfish as that might sound, I think it's true because in the moment, it's rough in the valley). Not all people are sensitive to that. I'm trying to be.

I've heard mixed reviews about the 30 days of thankfulness in November (we should be thankful all the time, not just in Nov, and while we sit here in our comfy world, there are real people with real problems)...that may be true; however, I'm choosing to participate and on Day 12 (today), I'm thankful for God's grace and that his mercy is new each morning. That's all I need right now.

No comments: