Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Follow Up: grace....it's no easy task

(Read my first post HERE on grace).

Well, I find it just a tad ironic that the day after I post about extending myself grace I rear-end someone. Never been in a car accident. Never gotten a speeding ticket. Clean record. Ugh. Sure I drive speedily (is that even a word?!?)...I don't even know how it happened, it all happened so fast (let the record stand that I was not driving too fast--i wasnt speeding--it just all happened quickly). Maybe that's why they call it an "accident"?!?! Thankfully no damage done to the other guy's truck or our SUV. Just damage to me in my head. I beat myself up over it all day. Played it over in my head a million times. And then drove my butt home like a granny driving sooooooo slow.

Where was the grace? The man that I rear-ended was kind and said I caused no trouble/damage to his vehicle. Our car is fine. So....why is it so hard to just let it go!?!!??

Then at work I accidentally hung up on someone while trying to transfer them and just made some other silly (correctable) mistakes that were no big deal to anyone but me and were corrected in no time! Ugh. I hate making mistakes. Waaaaaay to conscientious!

So, be careful what you ask for. God will give it to you, but sometimes (read as "nearly always") via experiences that are tough, not pleasant, and painful at times. Again, I remind myself that the battle's been won. Praise the Lord for His unending grace. What a gift! (Now I just need to practice extending grace like anyone else would practice the piano...)

Are you better at extending grace to yourself or others? Any tips for me?!?

No comments: