Yikes, talk about withdrawal symptoms--not being able to concentrate, I wasn't able to sleep, and I just didn't feel like I could focus. AT. ALL. It was awful, awful, awful. But never fear, I've got that one all figured out. I'm now THAT person with a PILL CASE and I'm not even 85 yet!!!I've also tried to make my work schedule and my "rest" days (where I'm not working) as identical as possible. I try to work the same hours whenever I work--usually Tuesdays through Tuesdays 9-3ish. And then I rest Friday through Monday. When I have doctor's appointments, I just shuffle around when I work to get my hours in. That's a blessing. It has really helped to find stability.
My counselor has explained how anything different--any changes--on your body whether perceived as good (staying up later, eating out, going to a movie and eating a bucket full of popcorn, sleeping in later than normal, etc) or bad (not getting enough sleep, getting too much sleep, working too many hours, stressing out at work, etc) are both STRESS on your body. So, I'm working hard to remedy that by removing unnecessary stress.
It's definitely an art, not a science, and I'm sure with the holidays approaching, I'll have to be extra careful as routines are thrown completely out the window. But alas, this is my new normal, and I'm embracing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment