Monday, September 22, 2014

Will is 8 months!!

This last month FLEW by! I have no idea where time has gone!

These photos are getting harder and harder to capture. He pretty much just wants to chew on the 8 months sign.  Haha.

Stats:

Weight: about 25 pounds
Height: ?

Clothes size: 12-18 months
Diapers: size 4

Likes:
-to chew chew chew on anything and everything.  It's especially cute when he tries to put toys that are way too big for his mouth into his mouth.  

He outgrew his infant and toddler bath, but every now and then he likes to throw himself back.  I didn't want him to hit his head, so we're improvising!  Laundry basket it is!

-to make his toys make noise (hitting them together, banging them on the floor, throwing them, whatever he can do to make noise)
-to be thrown in the air and to bounce on our knees/lap
-music...his new favorite song this month was "If you're happy and you know it..."
-watching videos of himself or other babies
-jumping in his Exersaucer--this was the first month where I felt like he really liked it for longer chunks of time!



Dislikes:
-to be held for too long.  He wants to get down on the floor and play play play.
-when no one is talking to him or if he stays in one spot for too long.  The boy likes action and conversation!  Who does THAT sound like?
-toys that quiet....he wants them all to make noise of some kind right now!

Working on:
-Making more sounds...this month his favorite is to kind of gargle his own spit. LOL.  It makes me laugh every time.  That's probably why he keeps doing it!
-Pushing up when he's laying on the ground onto all fours.  He's still shown no interest in crawling, but he does rock like he's trying to move, so I'm sure it's coming soon.  A lady at church (who is a pediatric occupational therapist)  told me yesterday that chunky babies usually crawl much later because they have so much weight to move around.  That makes sense to me!
-Holding the bottle.  Right now if he tries to hold it, he's just playing with it, but he's learning how to tip it up! 

Accomplishments:
-Making noises and then waiting for a reaction. Haha!  It's pretty cute!
-3 more teeth came in all at once this month (he already had all 4 middle teeth, but he added 3 teeth just to the right/left of his middle teeth.  He is only missing the tooth to the immediate left on the bottom).  Both Will and I have kind of had it with teething.
-Waving "bye bye"
-when you turn on music and tell him to dance, he will sway back and forth and bob his head. Pretty precious!
-Drinking from Mom's Camelback water bottle...the boy LOVES water, and he really likes ice water.  I think the first time he was actually able to get anything out of it, he was surprised.  Then he didn't want to stop!
-He is getting better at riding in the stroller for longer periods as I go for runs...he has to have something to chew on though!! :-)
This morning it was chilly (for Arkansas), but he loved being bundled up!
Typical schedule:
7:30 or 8:00-Eat 8 oz + cereal/fruit
9:30-Nap
12:00-Eat 8 oz
2:00-Nap
4:00-Eat 8 oz + cereal/veggie
6:00-Eat 8 oz
7:30-Eat 8 oz and BEDTIME

Eating:
-5 times a day (every 3.5-4 hours)
-Usually 8 oz at each feed
-This month he started waking up around 7:30, so he typically ate around 7:30, 11:30, 3:30, 6:00, and 7:30
-We found that his iron-based cereal really made it hard for him to poop, so we backed off.  We're doing more fruits and veggies, and that is much easier on his tummy.
-New foods that he has really liked:  apples, bananas, blueberries, carrots, peas (doesn't love them, but he tolerates them). 


Sleeping:
-he usually goes down for "bedtime" around 7:45 or whenever he finishes his bottle at 7:30.  And then he sleeps until 7:00 or 7:30 the next morning! 
-We dropped his third nap this month, so his bedtime is earlier and his nighttime sleep is a little longer to make up for the difference. 
-Without the third nap, sometimes he falls asleep in my arms again before bed, which hasn't happened in months.  I'm loving it.  MK was able to snap a picture one night of my BIG baby asleep in my arms:


-He still takes 2 naps that are about 1.5 hours long. I think we are still working on the kinks from dropping that nap (and teething).  




Will, 
I keep saying "this could be my last month before you start moving all over the place!" Ha!  I am in no hurry for you to be on the go, and neither are you!  Haha!  My arms are really getting toned from carrying you around, so thank you for that!
 You are so content to lay on the floor and play and roll all over the place!  Even though you have gotten all these teeth, you still are so happy and content throughout the day and you sleep like a champ at night.  I think you kick your little feet about 1,321,684,564,641,312,789,245 times a day, so it's no wonder you sleep really hard at night!
I love that you are giving out smiles everywhere we go and waving to people all the time.  I don't even mind one bit that you've started to develop stranger danger and need your momma sometimes.  I'm soaking it all up.
We are so proud of you, and we love watching how you change and grow each day!   


Love you with all my heart,
Momma


Previous monthly posts:
7 months 
6 months
5 months
4 months
3 months
2 months
(I was too sleep deprived to do a 1 month post. LOL)
Will's birth story

No comments: