Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Will is 5 months!

Where has the time gone? How can Will be 5 months?

Stats: 

Weight: 19 lbs 9 oz as of his appt at ACH
Height: ??
Head circumference: ??

Diapers: size 3
Clothes: 6 months

Likes:
-to chew chew chew on anything and everything (toys, burp rags, my shoulder, etc)
-when we sing to him, especially our songs from camp and Sunday School (it's the only thing that calms him down in the car if he's fussy. It makes him stop crying immediately!)
-eating!!!!!!


-sleeping!!!!


-watching those crazy doggies, petting them with mommy's help, and letting them lick his toes 
-toys that light up or make noise
-bath time 
-to be startled/scared ... It makes him giggle
-riding in the Ergo now because he is big enough to see out
-watching other (big) kids play
-riding in the jogging stroller because he faces out now 


Dislikes:

-to be held laying flat (cradling him like a baby). He prefers to be propped up so he can look out! Such a big boy!
-when he can't get a toy into his mouth, he gets frustrated 
-staying in one position for too long

Working on:
-rolling over. He can do it, but not super consistently yet
-sitting up (he does great with a little support behind him, but he can't do it on his own yet)
-sometimes it looks like he raises up his arms like he wants to be picked up; not sure if it's intentional, but I love it!!

Accomplishments:
-putting all toys in his mouth
-giggling...he's done it a few times and it's just about the sweetest thing EVER
-he cut another tooth. He now has both his bottom teeth right in the center.
-cereal was a HUGE hit this past month. He loves it!!!

Eating:
-5 times a day (every 3.5-4 hours)
-8 oz at each feed
-typically eats at 8, 12, 3:30, 6:30, and 8:15 (we've officially dropped his dream feed, meaning that when I lay him down now, I don't have to go back in to feed him! Hurray!!!!)
-cereal 1-2 times a day, usually in the morning and then in the evening.
-you still can get plugged up, so I give you an ounce of pear juice whenever you're having a tough time "going."

Sleeping:
-he usually goes down for "bedtime" around 8:30, and then he sleeps until 7:30 or 8:00 the next morning! He will still wake up sometimes at 5:00am, but he just jabbers and puts himself back to sleep.
-I had my "aha" moment this month that I had to increase your ounces everyday to get you to take longer naps during the day. Sorry kid, I'm a rookie. Once I bumped you up to 8 ounces per feeding, you started taking 2-hour naps. So now you are awake for about two hours and then sleep for 2 hours. It's heavenly!
-You even slept really well at the Stegers when we went to LR!

Important Events of the past month:
-Your appt at Arkanas Children's House
-rolling both ways (waking up on your belly a few times which did NOT make you happy at all!)

Will, 
I love you more than you'll ever know. I love the way you hold my finger while you're drinking your bottle. I love the way you give a delayed smile when something is funny. I love the way you burrow into my shoulder when you're sleepy. I like how you get bashful sometimes when you have received a lot of attention. I love that you love to eat and sleep (and do both so well). 

You make me a better person, Will. Being your mom is humbling, exciting, scary, and so fun. It is such a blessing to love on you each day. 

Love you with all my heart,
Momma





Previous monthly posts:
4 months
3 months
2 months
Will's birth story

No comments: