I have a teaching degree.
I have a niece and nephew.
I have 10 younger cousins.
I love babies, and lots of my friends let me watch and play with their babies.
When Will was born, I knew what I was doing.
Right?
Haha.
Wrong.
You develop this insane appreciation for your own parents and grandparents.
You begin thinking things like:
"How did my grandma have 7 kids with an age span of 13 years between the oldest and youngest? And when the oldest 3 were born she had 3 kids under the age of 4."
"Now I know why my mom's journal was filled with comments about me taking a good nap. That was the highlight of her days. When I was asleep. Duh."
So, I admit it.
I'll eat my words.
No judgment from me anymore.
If marriage is not about making you happy but holy, then parenting is about making you humble.
I even have a really easy baby people tell me.
But there are still things to totally catch me off guard...
2. When you were pregnant, people opened doors like crazy for you. That was so kind! But now when you need the help because you don't have enough hands, people are less likely to hold the door as you struggle with the stroller and those darn doors that open towards you. It's very ironic. Help the mommas out, people.
3. When your husband cuddles, rocks, feeds, or does a diaper change, it'll melt your heart. You loved them before. Now it's like heart stopping good.
4. There are way more options for baby girl clothes than baby boy clothes. Seriously like twice as much. I'm actually thankful I don't have as many options. It's pretty simple with boys. I like simple!
5. Speaking of boys... You have to point his wee wee down after changing his diapers. If you don't, see #1.
6. When you sit down to eat, your baby will either wake up from their nap or become fussy instantly. Our happy happy baby does this almost every night at dinner time.
7. If giving gifts (or shopping) is your love language, you're in trouble. You're going to want to buy everything in sight for your little one. It's a perfect picture of how God loves to give his children good gifts too.
It's hard work.
It's awesome.
What did I forget?
What else would you add to this list?
2 comments:
Your list made me smile tonight. :)
-Katie
Haha! I'm so glad, Katie! I'm sure you can relate. :) anything you'd add to the list?
Post a Comment