Today Will is 4 months old! How can that be? I feel like this is the turning point, and he is truly no longer a newborn, but an infant now.
Stats: We go to the doctor on Tuesday, so I'll get his official stats then and will update this post.
Weight: 16 pounds 8 ounces
Height: 25 inches
Head circumference: ??
Diapers: just switching to size 3
Clothes: 3-6 months
Likes:
-his fingers (especially when sleeping)
-when people talk to him and maintain eye contact
-watching everything around him. He is finally big enough to sit in the jogging stroller, and he loves facing forwards!
-eating!!!!!!
-sleeping!!!!
-watching those crazy doggies
-toys that light up or make noise
-bath time
-to be startled/scared ... It makes him giggle
Dislikes:
-burping
-to be held laying flat (cradling him like a baby). He prefers to be propped up so he can look out! Such a big boy!
-when he can't get a toy into his mouth, he gets frustrated
-being ignored (which I assure you means us leaving him alone to do such ridiculous things as going potty or eating dinner....he is not mistreated in the least, but it's pretty cute how he can get really loud until we talk to him and then he just bursts into smiles again).
-pooping
Working on:
-rolling over. He's done it a few times, but I think they were all on accident. Nothing on purpose yet. He sure doesn't like getting stuck on his belly either!
-grabbing at toys in his playmate
Accomplishments:
-putting all toys in his mouth
-grabbing toys (and trying to grab the bottle, remote control, my phone, etc)
-giggling...he's done it a few times and it's just about the sweetest thing EVER
-he cut his first tooth! We discovered it yesterday (5/20/14). I had no idea we'd be teething so quickly!!
Eating:
-5-6 times a day (about every 3-3.5 hours)...sometimes 4 if we are out and about
-5-6 oz at each feed
-typically eats at 7:30, 11:15, 2:30, 5:30, 8:30 and 10:15ish (I've been working to move his "Dreamfeed" up from 11:00 to this point.)
Sleeping:
-he usually goes down for "bedtime" around 8:30. I then feed him at 10:15 (he doesn't even really wake up, he just eats), and then he sleeps until 7:30 the next morning! Sometimes he will wake at 5:00am, but he just jabbers and puts himself back to sleep.
-he regressed this month in napping, but I think that's due to his increase in nighttime sleep (and perhaps his tooth/teeth). We're still figuring out just how much sleep he needs during the day. He usually naps anywhere from 35 minutes to an hour and a half at a time.
-he sleeps well in his car seat, but the car does not always put him to sleep anymore. Sad day.
Important Events of the past month:
-Meeting Uncle Tyler
-his ultrasound at Children's
Will,
I love you so much! This last month you changed soooo much. A lot of people say you look like a little man now, and I agree. You just look so much more grown up every day.
You are learning so much all the time, and I love how you like to experience everything and just take it all in. You are very alert and very observant.
I love reading books with you, going for walks in the stroller, and holding you as you fall asleep after your last feed for the night. You are really peaceful and content, and because of you I am slowing down each day and savoring the small moments we share at home together each day. The smiles you give me when you wake up from your naps are the best. I thought teaching 7th graders was my dream job, but this--you--are my dream job!
I love you more than you'll ever know!
-Momma





No comments:
Post a Comment