Today Will is 3 months old. Time is now flying by!
Stats:
We don't go back to the pediatrician until 4 months, so I'll get actual stats then, but we borrowed a scale from a friend (thanks Ashley and Reid!!!), so I at least know his weight!
Weight: 14 pounds 12 ounces-ish
Height: ??
Head circumference: ??
Likes:
-his fingers (especially when sleeping)
-for you to talk to him real close to his face
-to lay on his changing table
-eating!!!!!!
-sleeping in his own bed
-To watch the dogs wrestle
-his car seat and the Ergo carrier
-his pre-sleep routine: to be sung to while gently rubbing his head. His eyes just fall shut immediately at nap time if you do these two things simultaneously. It's precious. I sing "Jesus Loves Me," "Jesus Loves the Little Children," and "I Love You, Lord" before every nap, then kiss him on the head and say "I love you, buddy!" 9 times out of 10 he falls asleep without any fussing.
Dislikes:
-burping
-to be held laying flat (cradling him like a baby). He prefers to be propped up so he can look out! Such a big boy!
Working on:
-tummy time still! He's getting stronger!
-turning his head side to side. He would rather just look out of the corner of his eye, and if something is beyond his line of sight, he could care less about it at this point. Haha!
Accomplishments:
-he can pretty much hold his head up on his own all the time when we hold him
-he has officially found his fingers and thumbs....he doesn't have a preference at this point. He is equal opportunity for any and all fingers he can stuff in his mouth.
Eating:
-7-8 times a day 4-6 ounces per feed
Sleeping:
-the last week he slept from 11pm-7am every night. He stirs at 5am, but goes back to sleep after a few minutes! Momma is a VERY happy camper!!!
-he is also a great napper! He takes anywhere from 45-minute to 2-hour naps during the day. If he has a bad morning nap, he usually catches up in the afternoon.
-he loves to sleep in his own bed, but he sleeps great in his car seat or the Ergo (as long as we stay moving).
-this means oftentimes planning our outings around his naps so that they fall at the right time, but I'm totally ok with that.
Will,
I love you so much! This last month was one of my favorite months EVER!!! You are growing into your own personality, and I absolutely love it. You are laid back but focused and kind of serious sometimes. You love to smile at me, but sometimes you make me work for it.
I love that you wake up so happy from your naps. When I go into your room and talk to you, you immediately start to smile and coo. You light up when daddy comes home from work, and just this week you have discovered that Max and Bailey are really rowdy and fun to watch.
I can't wait to see you grow up with them, even if they do drive me crazy sometimes.
You are just so sweet and mild-mannered. I love singing to you before you fall asleep. I can't wait to sing with you when you get bigger. You are so precious to your daddy and I. You are truly our little (big) miracle.
Love you more than you will ever know,




1 comment:
He's so sweet! I hope you're enjoying being a mama, it suits you :)
Post a Comment