We have two important "appointments" set up within the next month:
1. We are meeting with my GI doctor. I have not had an appointment with him since September when I had a mental breakdown and quit my teaching job. The past few months have flown by and dragged on simultaneously. They flew by in the sense that I was freed from the stress that school brought me--constantly waking up at night and thinking about how I could make a lesson better, what I needed to do to be better-prepared for a meeting the next day, writing new curriculum for this year, etc etc etc. Freedom. ((SIGH)) But dragging by in that we feel like we are just waiting and waiting and waiting. Waiting to see if Remicade (the medicine that I'm taking by IV will continue to work), waiting on a flare-up but hoping against one obviously, and waiting to be told the words "it's safe for you to get pregnant." (I want that more than anything!!!!) I get chills just thinking and praying for my doctor to clear us for that. And honestly, I'm terrified that he will ask us to wait a while longer. So, you can pray for peace as we meet with my GI doctor.
2. We are meeting with a financial advisor this week, which is also terrifying. MK and I have tried to be the best stewards of what we've been given--and we have always been provided for--several times this year by the very grace of God through the generous hearts of others. But I'll be honest, my medicine is expensive, it has drained much of our bank account, and I just gave up a salaried position with a lot of stress for a job that pays hourly. We want a baby more than anything, but we also want to bring a baby into a family that is equipped and ready to provide for its needs--not by lavishly going crazy, but by being prudent We do not want to make foolish decisions, and while our hearts are wanting a baby, in our head we know that God already has a plan ready and will answer us IN HIS TIMING.
God's waiting room is not my favorite place to be. Just yesterday I had my own pity party, practically screaming at God that "THIS IS NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!" No, it's not. Life is not fair, but if we all got what we deserved, that would be justice. That's why I cannot entertain these thoughts without also pausing and thanking the Lord, Emmanuel--GOD WITH US--for coming to earth to take our place so that we could have eternal life rather than "get what we deserve." We are not promised an easy life. I know this, but like I've said before, there is quite a bit of distance between my heart and my head.
We covet your prayers and your support and encouragement. Thank you so much for reading this. It is so wonderful to not go through this life alone. I have the best husband, the best family, the best friends, and the best blog readers. I am blessed. KEEP THOSE PRAYERS, COMING FOLKS!!!
![]() | |
| Found at: http://creolepaperie.blogspot.com/2011/08/friday-freebies-scripture-memory-cards.html |

No comments:
Post a Comment