The following is a letter I wrote to my staff and read to them this morning at a staff meeting 10/3/2012:
Dear Staff,
It is with great sadness that I stand before you today and
tell that I have to take a break from teaching.
Up until this point, I have had days where I made it through the school day
simply by the grace of God.
It is the stress of this job (that I know you each
understand) that is so harmful with my disease.
It just flares up my symptoms and it becomes a downward spiral of
powerful meds until the next flare-up brought on by stress. So, it is with sadness that I have to make
this decision to protect myself from further sickness, allow my body to rest,
and allow the medicine that I am taking to do its job and hopefully control my
flare-ups and ultimately put me in “remission.”
God is bigger and stronger than this disease that I am fighting—and I am
trusting in Him day by day.
This was my dream job—and on the first try!!! Most people are not so fortunate. You all showed me what it meant to be a
“teacher.” You encouraged me and helped
me every single day. I have been
inundated with your support—from school work, emotional support, and
financially beyond anything Matt and I deserve. A special thank you to my team who have
rallied around me from the beginning of this nasty disease but especially over
the past two weeks. What would I do
without ya’ll?
How can I even begin to say thank you to such a great staff? A thousand thank you’s would not be
enough. I love you all, and I just hope
you know what an impact you have made on me.
You’re the best….It’s a great day to be at Lincoln Junior High!!! (which is what my principal so profoundly states every day on the morning announcements and is always such an encouragement to me)
5 comments:
Kristin,
Chris and I will be in prayer for you guys. Thank you so much for sharing your story.
Much love,
Megan Landon
Kristin,
Lifting you in prayer. What a hard decision to make---knowing that it was made after much prayer. Praying that you will be able to rest and allow your body to heal. Praying for God's healing hand to touch your body. Praying for wisdom for all the doctors you work with---praying that the medicine can work and you will go into remission.
Praying that He will fill you with His strength and peace as you continue on this journey.
Love you guys--
Amy
Wow Kristin! What a tough choice. Praying for LOTS of rest for you and that Gods peace would be steady in your heart. We love you guys!
Thank you all so much for your prayers!! I would not be able to walk this journey alone without so many prayer warriors coming alongside us!! Sending our love to each of you!!
Post a Comment