Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Time-Out from blogging!

I'm taking a time-out from telling my story because I will be in Iowa visiting my grandma, aunts, uncles, and cousins.  I won't be blogging over the weekend...so check back on Monday! 

Most of you know about the toughest decision I've ever had to make, which was recently deciding to quit my job to rest, relax, and lower stress in my life.  This has afforded me the time and opportunity to get away and go see some of my family.  I'm very thankful and think this will be good for me. 

I have been TRYING my hardest to rest and relax and honestly some days I have done a better job than others.  I have been going to Einstein bagel frequently (my "happy place") to read and and get some time in God's Word...one day a couple sat down next to me and asked me what I was reading, and I shared just a small portion of my story with them and they prayed with me on the spot!  Talk about the Lord providing when I needed it (that encouraged my heart so much).  Maybe they were angels? Who knows.  Thanks God, for the instant affirmation that you are Immanuel--God with us. 

 I have also been blogging...obviously, you are following my crazy story.  If you are new to my blog, I suggest starting with my post explaining WHY am I writing down my story.  Hopefully it will have some impact or encourage your heart in some way.  If nothing else, it's therapeutic for me to write it down (that would be a more selfish reason though).  Or you could start at Chapter 1 and read from the beginning and follow it through...

I have also been taking walks with Bailey...there are some trails near our house that I have found, and if anyone in NWA hasn't been looking up while they drive, they are crazy because the trees are gorgeous, so it has been nice to be out in God's creation and enjoying his masterpiece.  Plus, I just love fall.  If I could wear jeans and a t-shirt everyday, I would be completely satisfied!

I've been helping out a little bit at the church, tagging along with my mom as she serves in the early childhood department (cutting out cute little arts and crafts for the kiddos that come on Sunday mornings).  And we've even helped in HR (my dad's department) helping with odds and ends.  It's been nice to give of my time, and what better place to do that. 

I know I've posted it before, but I've been reading the book Boundaries.  Please check it out.  Seriously.  It's inspiring, convicting, and encouraging all at the same time.  I love it.  (And no, amazon is not giving me any commission for this, nor is the author.  I have just really liked the book). 

And, I'm meeting with a counselor weekly.  (I'll post more on this later--there's too much to that for me to post it here).  It has been good and beneficial.  One of the things she has encouraged me to do is listen to my body.  I finally implored some of her advice today.  I have not been working for about 4 weeks now, and I JUST finally slowed down today.  I slept in until 10:30...by 2:00 I was already ready for a nap, which lasted until 5:00.  Holy smokes!?!?!?  Where did that come from?  I am just NOT a napper, so this is foreign to me, but I'm trying to do a better job of slowing down and not causing stress to my body. 

There ya go...you know what I've been up to since I quit my job.  While I'm gone to Iowa over the weekend, if you're the praying type, here's what you could pray for:

  • That I would truly rest and allow my body to relax and heal.  I don't need to be going a hundred miles an hour every day.  REST IS OK!
  • That the medicine I'm taking for my UC (Remicade) would do its thing and that I would not have a flare-up. 
  • That I would figure out what the NEXT STEP is going to be for me--financially, it would be great if I could find a job, but we're just not sure what that looks like at this point, so we need wisdom in deciding where to go from here.  
  • Pray for my emotional well-being.  I miss school A LOT.  I miss the kids and my co-workers, but I know I made the right decision to resign.  It's just a tough one.  On a happy note, let me leave you with a video that my school made last week to promote school spirit.  You'll see right away why it was such a tough place to leave!  Here's a shout-out to my co-workers that are reading this!  I miss ya'll!!  Click here for the video.  If that doesn't work, go to Youtube and search "Lincoln Leopard Lip Dub 2012."  Love you guys and miss you like crazy!!!!