If it's in the past, let it be, right?
It was over 5 years ago....move on, right?
Your story is depressing.
These are the thoughts that I'm sure some of you are thinking...well, let me tell you some of my reasons:
1. It's therapeutic for me to talk about this stuff.
2. I'm still battling some of the same health concerns today.
3. It's very real to me that I'm going to be battling these health concerns for the rest of my life.
4. "Hidden" diseases are just that--hidden. We have got to recognize that when we see a person, there is more to them than what we just see on the outside.
5. People have no idea what it's like to walk a day in my shoes. I can't explain it to each individual, so this is my feeble attempt.
6. Maybe you're dealing with a "hidden" illness and my story will help you in some way. That would be my ultimate prayer.
7. This is like my own personal journal. If nothing else, I can reflect back on the experiences God has brought me through.
8. I think it's a pretty amazing story of God's provision and grace in my life. He has taken care of me every step of the way, and He will continue to in the future.
Without Christ, I would be absolutely hopeless. Some days it SEEMS hopeless, but I'm learning that those are only feelings. We cannot go by feelings. So, if you want to learn more about this God that is so BIG and STRONG and so MIGHTY that he can fix a body as messed up as mine, check out the following verses. He will never let you down.
Romans 3:23
Romans 6:23
1 John 1:9
John 10:10
John 3:16
Matthew 4:4
Psalm 119:105
And the one that I am clinging to day by day...
Philippians 4:6-7:
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
5 comments:
Kristin-
I have LOVED reading your blog and you seriously are an inspiration to all of us! I appreciate your willingness to share and I absolutely agree with you the importance of knowing people's "hidden" diseases. As I progress on my journey throughout school and will start providing care for patients, like yourself, it is such a good reminder for me that the emotional and psychological wear on an individual is almost as great as the physical ailments and it is imperative that we provide healing in all aspects of someone's life. Thank you, thank you for your courage to share! I know that I am learning from this experience and have given me the encouragement to go beyond and touch the lives of my patients in a different way. Please know how much I love you and how incredibly proud I am of you! I am so blessed to be able to have another "sister" in the Jan-Klep family. Love you!
Praying for you often!
Elise,
Thank you so much for your thoughtful words. They blessed me today more than you know. I don't think people know just how lucky they are when they have your for their nurse...God made you to do what you do with such grace. So really you inspire me!!
Thanks for the prayers--I obviously need them in a BIG way right now. I feel so blessed to call you a "sister." I love the Jan-Kleps. Miss you and love you, girl!!!
Katie,
Thank you for your prayers. God is so good and so faithful. His mercy is new each morning!! Woohoo!! Miss ya'll! Keep those blog posts coming about Miss Mollie. She sure is a sweetie! :-)
I know a lot of people with invisible illnesses feel alone because no wants to take on this 'uncomfortable' topic. I'm glad you're taking it on, and I'm glad that you and I can talk about it more openly and honestly than most, because with all we've been through, there's definitely nothing you or I could say to each other that would make either of us feel uncomfortable. I'm very thankful to know others who are struggling, but making it through great challenges such as these.
I like to compare it to ballet (of course): There's a lot of work and pain going on during a performance, but the dancers don't show any of the pain or challenges on their faces. They make something so very challenging look beautiful and full of grace, and sufferers of invisible illnesses feel like they must do the same. We put on that face that says "nothing's going on, I feel great" but there's always that pain and struggle underneath that we don't think we should show the word.
Keep on showing both faces to the world and prove that they're not mutually exclusive.
Oh Anna, thank you for your timely words. I think you are so right. So often everything is "stuffed" and people with hidden illnesses just stoically go about their every day life. So often people don't want to hear that I'm having a bad day (again...for the millionth day in a row) so they don't ask and I don't tell. Over time it takes such a toll.
It also takes its toll on the support system (it takes a village), and I have seen the effects it has had on my husband, my parents, and even some of my friends. It's tough to be friends with someone that is chronically ill. Have you found this to be true?
I am learning that so many people just do not know what to say, and they probably do mean well, but so often it just comes out all wrong.
I guess that's part of why I'm writing all this down--to give people just a glimpse into what my life is like in a day. Obviously it's all relative and this is not reflective of everyone's experiences...just my real, raw story, but at least now people get a glimpse.
I am so sorry that you are continuing to battle health issues. You are totally in my prayers on a consistent basis. Are you ever in NW Arkansas? We should get together if you are! I don't get to LR much... :(
Post a Comment