Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12 things on 12/12/12

Here's what I've been up to lately:

1. Working part-time. I love my schedule that allows me to still go to counseling and my other doctor's appointments.  Counseling has been proven to get harder and not easier.  Silly me, I thought it would be the other way around. Ha!

2. See #1. I've been going to see the counselor every week. I think I've made progress. The reason I know this is because it hasn't gotten easier--like I said, it has to get tougher before it gets better. Working through lots of things!!!  Good things in the long run!!! 

3. I've been playing at the dog park with Bailey, trying to get out in the sunshine and give her some play time. (Side note:  She is sooooooo protective of me that we can only go when there are no other dogs there or she is just too aggressive.  See #7.  It better work!!!!!  I'm sick of her bullying other dogs when I know she's sweet....ugh.)  But doesn't she look cute:

She's saying "Hurry up and throw the tennis ball already!!!!"

4. Matt has been on a Left Behind kick. He's read 10 books in 10 days!!!   There's my reading suggestion to you for over Christmas break!


5. Getting Bailey caught up on her shots at the vet. She HATES the vet. (Bad memories from when she was a VERY VERY sick puppy and we went all the time and they had to poke and prod at her...).  It's a good thing SHE doesn't have a LONG-TERM illness like me or she'd really be in trouble.  One shot was all she needed, and she shook like she was petrified!!!!  One little shot....and look at this pathetic face:

 6. MK and I have been on a Yahtzee kick lately. It's a good two-person game!
 
Who do you think was winning at this point? Hehe...
His nickname and mine....thanks to Ryan and Tyler! Ha!


7. We signed Bailey up for obedience classes in January...we'll see how that goes. (While at PetsMart I may have bought her a fleece....)
It's tough to get her to stand still...but she was saying "GO PACK GO!!!"
 8. We got a new head Razorback football coach.  Ironically, he's from Wisconsin, so we'll see how he fits in down here in the SEC, the best conference in the nation. :-)

9. We took some Nervig family pictures for my parents 36th wedding anniversary....after our Christmas cards go out, I can't wait to show you more!!! Here's a sneak peek that you've probably seen on facebook:
He's so cute!!!!

10.  I had a giveaway on my blog.  Find out the winner here.  If you missed it, hop over to my sister's Etsy shop Adornments by Wendi here.  She makes GORGEOUS vintage, hand-crafted jewelry.  You already know that by now if you've been reading my blog, but it's a great place to pick up last minute Christmas gifts because she even does custom orders and she can ship things out so quickly!! And as of today (12/12/12), I think she has a discount for shoppers.  You can find her on facebook here.

11. Had a girl's outting with my mom, sister, and Hallie Grace to do some Christmas shopping.  She might be three, but she knows all about jewelry and accessories. She gets that from her momma!! :)

Hallie, you are precious.  Wendi, you're gorgeous!!!
12.  I have not had a flare-up since July. PRAISE THE LORD!!!! Thank you for your prayers!  Now we are ready to celebrate our Savior's birth in just 13 days!!!  Immanuel--God with us--what a wonderful reminder through the good times and bad!!

No comments: