Monday, October 27, 2014

Will is 9 months!

Let me start by saying that this post is late because I did his 9-month pictures like this: 

See that sign? Yep, it says 8 months. 
Mom fail. 

So a few days later, we finally got it taken care of....
Much better. 

You can see he hates sitting still and would much rather chew on the paper. Haha! Sweet boy. 

Stats:
Weight: 26 pounds 6 ounces
Height: 30.25 inches

Clothes size: 18-24 months
Diapers: size 5 (I didn't even know they made 5's)

Likes:
-to be thrown in the air and to bounce on our knees/lap
-to be outside in the stroller or swinging 


-music...he now can dance on command. Usually if he hears music, he will wiggle around and he will also start to dance if you ask him to. 
-watching videos of himself or other babies
-turning the pages as we read books (and even by himself). He loves loves loves this!

-dumping toys out or pulling them out one-by-one.


-playing in the tub (or the sink at Nana's because she spoils him) 

Dislikes:
-waiting to eat. When I put him in his chair, he is ready to eat. Immediately. See? Doesn't like to wait even for the next bite. I don't really blame him.

-being buckled into his car seat. Once the buckling process is over, he's fine. Strange.

Working on:
-giving high fives and clapping 
-Holding the bottle.  Right now if he tries to hold it, he's just playing with it, but he's learning how to tip it up! 


Accomplishments:
-CRAWLING!!!!! (Ok, arny crawling....that totally still counts because the boy can move!!!)
-knocking on doors 
-Drinking from a straw. Nana got a cup with a straw for him, and he picked up on it right away.

Typical schedule:
7:30 or 8:00-Eat 8 oz + fruit
10:00-Nap
11:30-Eat 8 oz + veggie/starch 
2:00-Nap
3:30-Eat 8 oz
5:00 fruit & veggie 
7:15-Eat 8 oz and BEDTIME

Eating:
-Drinking a bottle 4 times a day (every 3.5-4 hours)
-Usually 8 oz at each feed
-This month he started waking up around 7:30, so he typically ate around 7:30, 11:30, 3:30,  and 7:15
-We found that his iron-based cereal really made it hard for him to poop, so we backed off.  We're doing more fruits and veggies, and that is much easier on his tummy.
-New foods that he has really liked: puffs, cheddar cheese, chicken and rice casserole, bread, and prunes (for real)

Sleeping:
-he usually goes down for "bedtime" around 7:30 or whenever he finishes his bottle at 7:15.  And then he sleeps until 7:00 or 7:15 the next morning! When he is ready for bed, he is READY for bed though.

-He still takes 2 naps that are about 1 hour and 20 minutes long (not a minute longer usually). He wakes up so so happy from naps.




Will, 
You are finally mobile, and I think it has made you even more happy. I love how you can play by yourself and entertain yourself easily. But you also really like being with us and love having us close by. 
I love watching you learn and explore. Just today a song came on the radio with a distinct beat, and you started "dancing" in your car seat without me having to tell you. It was precious. You don't miss a beat (see what I did there?)
You now know that there are strangers, and it is so precious how you hide your head in my shoulder when you get shy. 
You also have really started to have opinions....you don't like it when we have to take stuff away from you that you shouldn't have. It just makes you seem so old.
I love watching you and your daddy together. He gets the best giggles and smiles from you. 
Speaking of old, I cannot believe you are 9 months. You have now been here with us (on the outside haha) just as long as I was pregnant with you. That does not seem possible. At all.
You are more loved than you will ever know. Being your momma is my favorite job in the world. 

Love you with all my heart,
Momma


Previous monthly posts:
7 months  
6 months
5 months
4 months
3 months
2 months
(I was too sleep deprived to do a 1 month post. LOL) 
Will's birth story

No comments: