We are almost considered "full term"!!! WOOHOO!!! Not too much to update everyone on, but I know one day I will really enjoy looking back on these updates, so thanks for reading!!
Previous posts:
Click here to read my previous updates:
Weeks 33 and 34
Doctor's appointments:
I am starting to see the doctor weekly now. (If you are easily grossed out, just go to the next section and don't read the next few sentences). I was always very interested in what went on in appointments, so for those of you that might not know, starting at Week #36 the doctor does a pelvic exam each week to assess my progress. She told me I am already dilated 1 centimeter and I am 60% effaced. Basically, that means I am progressing and that my cervix is thinning out in order for this baby to come. She also said my belly is measuring 38 weeks??!! Uff da. Again, my doctor said this is more confirmation that a C-section is the right thing to do because I am actually only 36 or 37 weeks along (with my adjusted due date), and I am measuring at 38 weeks. So, Baby Kleppe is big. And I'm just fine with that!I go back again on Monday for my next check! We'll see. The baby has definitely dropped and I have tons of pelvic pressure, so I know it's only a matter of time....but I also know that first-time babies are not prone to come early.
MK and I also took a childbirth class and tour of the hospital last night. It was just an overview course and really didn't go in-depth for which I am grateful, since even if I go into labor, they will still do a C-section. I didn't want to sit through a bunch of information and feel sad or left out that I don't get to go through the whole process. So, I was pleasantly surprised. We talked about the early signs of labor (which I keep reminding myself I still might need in case I do go into labor before Feb 5th). It was also good to check out the hospital and know what goes on and where everything is located. We feel much more at ease now, I think!??
Cravings/Aversions?
All food sounds good right now. I'm trying REALLY really hard to watch what I eat, especially foods with salt since I am starting to retain more and more fluid if I eat too much salt and/or don't drink enough water. Thankfully, I don't have the Prednisone-induced puffy moon face (yet)!
Highlight of the past two weeks?
Sleep?
I'm not going to lie, I have a hard time getting comfortable. If that is my only complaint though, I will take it. I'm not even complaining. Seriously. I saw this image on Pinterest the other day and thought it was soooooo appropriate. We all need to remember this:
Can I get an "amen??"
![]() |
| From Pinterest via shelivesfree.com |
Can I get an "amen??"
Exercise?
Trying to walk at night even if it's just a little bit. Not always successfully. I'm pretty worn out after work.
Movement?
Some of the movements are pretty sharp because there just isn't much room to move. MK and I can literally see body parts sticking out of my belly at night sometimes! I need to try to film it.
What are we looking forward to in the coming weeks?
-My shower on Saturday!
-February 5th!!! ❤❤❤
On our to-do list:
-Have our car seat inspected at the police station. Hopefully it's in there safely??!!
-I really want to clean the whole house top to bottom. The nesting instinct has kicked in high gear, but my energy is waning. We will see how much I get done.
-Trying to make double of meals and freezing half of it....
Pictures:
-35 weeks:
![]() |
| Photo bomb courtesy of Mr. Max...hehe |



No comments:
Post a Comment