Sunday, December 8, 2013

Weeks 29 and 30: An Update

 I can't believe we are officially in the third trimester! It seems like it's flying by now, and we are just so grateful.  I just have to give a shout-out to my hubby.  He is and has been so helpful, always doing what I ask and going above and beyond.  He does the little things that make such a huge difference...making sure I have water at night when I go to sleep, rubbing my back when it hurts, and always asking "what can I do to help you, Kristin?"  I am just so beyond blessed.  This baby doesn't even know how blessed (s)he is to have this daddy. 

Previous posts:
Click here to read my previous updates:
 - Weeks 27 and 28
 - Weeks 25 and 26


And click here to read how God can use only a year to change a person from the inside out.

Doctor's appointments:
Haven't had any doctor's appointments.  Our next appointment is December 16th--an ultrasound!  We are excited for that one!

Maternity clothes or regular clothes?
All maternity all the time....

Cravings/Aversions?
Nope!  About the only thing that has lingered from the first trimester is a preference for beef over chicken.  I've noticed it in my meal planning, but at least I can eat chicken again!  :)

Highlight of the past two weeks?
 - Going back to Wisconsin (which I talked about in my last update).  I write these in retrospect, so sometimes it's hard to not give stuff away early.  We just had a great time with the Kleppes, Nowkas, and Mt. Horeb friends while we were back for Thanksgiving!  We are truly blessed with the best family and friends. 

 - We have also had a ridiculous snow storm this past week in NW Arkansas.  Oh my goodness.  It started sleeting on Thursday morning and switched over to snow that afternoon.  It started up again Friday morning into the afternoon, and we now have a layer of ice with about 8 inches of snow on top.  With temperatures not predicted to crawl above freezing for the next week, we are definitely going stir crazy.  

We had to postpone my shower (I'm still super bummed about it and may have cried a few tears because I was so looking forward to it).  The roads here are just so bad.  Ugh.  It's rescheduled for January, so we will have something to look forward to, which is great!  I just feel so bad for the girls hosting because they had everything ready to go......ugh!

 -A good friend of mine (who is also pregnant and about the same number of weeks along as I am) got a great report from the doctor after having some issues show up on her ultrasound.  We are soo soo soo thankful for this sweet blessing!  Keep our friends and their baby in your prayers, please!!!??

Sleep?
Sleep is not too bad.  Waking up more and more again to go to the bathroom. Still sleeping pretty lightly, but overall, not too bad. 

Exercise?
Playing in the snow has been the extent of it.  Weeks like this are when it would be nice to have a treadmill.  It's too icy to even really go for a walk.....

Movement?
When I lay on my back or my left side, It usually takes a few minutes, but then I feel ridiculous kicks that even MK can feel when I am quick enough to tell him!

What we're looking forward to in the coming weeks?

-Getting out of the house....hopefully soon!!!!!

-Our ultrasound next week!
-Christmas!
-Our shower in January!

Pictures:
30 weeks:

We made good use of our snow days...

Our tree is up!

Coffee and cookies straight out of the oven!

Beef vegetable soup and grilled cheese...took me back to my childhood!

Friday morning
Don't worry...they sleep in their kennels, but in the morning they like to cuddle in our bed.  How can we tell them no?
By Saturday, we got desperate and found MK's old Super Nintendo in the closet.


Sunday morning...it hasn't snowed in 2 days and the roads are still terrible.  This is Spanker Road, which is a "main road" in Bella Vista that is still completely ice-packed.  I'm wondering if they'll even have school tomorrow??!?

We live on a street with a cul-de-sac, so we are a low priority.  Haven't seen a plow, and it's completely ice-packed.  That doesn't look like much of a hill until you are trying to drive up it. 

The Arkansas Highway Department is asking people not to drive on the roads.  I realize there are people that HAVE to make it to work or others in an emergency situation...but other than that, where do people really need to go? That is always my question.

As always, we appreciate your prayers.  For continued good health for me and Baby K.  I have just felt surrounded by peace throughout this pregnancy--thanks to so many of your prayers!  We appreciate you. 

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: