Previous posts:
If you missed my last update, click here to read my last post about Weeks 25 and 26.
Also, you can check out our progress on the nursery by clicking here.
Doctor's appointments:
In my last post, I cheated and told you about my 28-week appointment. Since I write these in retrospect, I guess last time it was hard not to put the current information. Haha.
The only other doctor appointment I have had since my last post was because I thought I was getting a sinus infection. Oh my goodness was I stressed. (Side note: For those of you that have read my bazillion chapters, you know that when I take an antibiotic, that clears up the infection, but then my body doesn't stop there. The bad AND GOOD bacteria are killed, and I go into a flare that is treated with 8 weeks of steroids, which is NOT my idea of a good time).
Praise the Lord he said it is really just my allergies, so for the benefit of me and the baby, I will not take an antibiotic unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. For now I'm just treating my symptoms with Zyrtec and Flonase (which are safe for Baby K) and praying for it to turn into nothing more. I'd appreciate your prayers too!
My doctor is awesome and also walked me through what would happen if we did need to use steroids at some point, and he put my mind at ease at least a little bit. Even though that would never be our first choice, it would not be the worst thing in the world. Basicallly, he didn't want me panicking about that. Another example of how pregnancy is an amazing process that I am just NOT in control of, but God is thankfully!!!
Maternity clothes or regular clothes?
Just yesterday I discovered a pair of sweat pants (the wind suit kind, don't judge) that don't fit anymore!! I was under the impression before I was pregnant that all waist bands that were elastic would still fit me, but I am just carrying this baby too low for some of them to still fit. :)
Cravings/Aversions?
All things sweet and/or salty sound heavenly. All. The. Time.
Yikes.
Highlight of the past two weeks?
Getting the dresser/changing table moved in to the nursery and setting up the crib!!!! Sooooo fun!!!
Taking maternity photos with our good friend, Kate. She is sooo thoughtful and sooo talented. Thank you so much, Kate!!!
Spending time with our Wisconsin family and friends!!! We were so blessed by the generosity and thoughtfulness of everyone there! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! Baby K is so loved already!!
Onesie decorating:
So much fun!!! Thanks everyone!!!
Sleep?
Sleep is back to hit or miss again. I hate to even blog about getting good sleep because right after I do, I have trouble sleeping again. It's getting tougher to get comfortable, and I miss sleeping on my stomach. Just about anything wakes me up now, which is probably good practice for the near future. In light of eternity, this is no big deal.
Exercise?
Kinda hit or miss here too. I can just see myself reading these later when I'm trying to get the baby weight back off, wishing I would have walked more....eek.
Movement?
When I lay on my back or my left side, It usually takes a few minutes, but then I feel ridiculous kicks that even MK can feel when I am quick enough to tell him!
What we're looking forward to in the coming weeks?
-Our next shower on December 7th!
-Our ultrasound at 32 weeks!
-Christmas!
Pictures:
MK and I warming up during maternity photos (it was 22 degrees that day)....
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad









No comments:
Post a Comment