Baby K and I are still growing away!
Previous posts:
If you missed my last update, click here to read my last post about Weeks 23 and 24.
Doctor's appointments:
Earlier this month I had my last infusion for 2013. Only one more in January before Baby K arrives!!
I had my 28-week appointment this morning. This was one of my favorite appointments because:
I had my 28-week appointment this morning. This was one of my favorite appointments because:
- We heard Baby K's heart beating 138 beats per minute. Sweet baby also had the hiccups, which I was able to hear too (I can't feel them yet....hoping that will come soon)!
- Baby K's head is down, which my doctor said was a GREAT thing because if he/she is head down, they usually stay that way throughout the rest of the pregnancy. Still praying for no breech or transverse delivery!
- I'm gaining weight appropriately (which was good news because I feel like I gained a TON since my appointment last month).
- My next appointment is in a month, and we will have another ultrasound! Yay!
- After that, I will start going every two weeks for appointments!
Overall, it has been nice and quiet as far as doctor's appointments around here...only the routine ones! We LIKE it that way!!!
Maternity clothes or regular clothes?
Ha!!! This is almost comical. My regular clothes don't fit anymore unless they are super stretchy (like sweat pants) or were bigger to begin with. :-)
Cravings/Aversions?
I'm thankful that in this last week, I have really been thirsty for water primarily. It is so hard for me to drink as much water as I should regardless if I am pregnant or not. Water is just boring! Im trying though!!
I'm thankful that in this last week, I have really been thirsty for water primarily. It is so hard for me to drink as much water as I should regardless if I am pregnant or not. Water is just boring! Im trying though!!
Highlight of the past two weeks?
Picking out our paint color Baby K's nursery and getting started on it! It feels like I can finally "nest" now that we have the room cleaned out and paint going up on the walls--PROGRESS!!
Sleep?
Sleep has definitely improved in the last month! I cannot complain. I am back to my old self that is able to sleep and SLEEP HARD!
Random sleep story: I am proud of myself that I woke up to the sound of Bailey whining in her kennel the other night (I'm telling y'all, I sleep HARD and I'm nervous I won't wake up in the night). We sleep with our bedroom door shut and the garage is on the other end of our house (which isn't big, but it's still a ways away). I had a dream about a dog whining, but then when I woke up, I could still hear it! Yay for "mommy ears." I'm usually the world's most sound sleeper, so I consider it a victory. She never whines, so we took her out, she did her thing, and went right back in to her kennel. When it's cold out at night, she doesn't want to take the time to do her business when we let her out to go, but we are on to her! We are enjoying our sleep while we can....we don't need puppies waking us up in the night! Good grief!!!??
Exercise?
Eek. I haven't done a very good job in the last few weeks. We went from it being almost hot out to it being super cold without anything in between. Apparently, I'm a fair weather exerciser. I have GOT to walk more than I did the last few weeks.
Movement?
I have been feeling much more movement lately. It's not always as often as I'd like, but when I do feel this baby move, it is obvious!!!
What we're looking forward to in the coming weeks?
Finishing up our painting project in the nursery! Yay!
Our ultrasound at 32 weeks!!!
Spending time with the Kleppes in Wisconsin over Thanksgiving!!!!
Pictures:
What we're looking forward to in the coming weeks?
Finishing up our painting project in the nursery! Yay!
Our ultrasound at 32 weeks!!!
Spending time with the Kleppes in Wisconsin over Thanksgiving!!!!
Pictures:
Us and the fur babies (not on the couch!!!):
Before:
Baby Bump--27 weeks 5 days:
Prayer Requests:
As
always, we appreciate your prayers for continued health for me and Baby K. Please keep those families still waiting on their kiddos in your prayers as well.
We have had lots of weather changes around here....going from hot to super cold, then back to warm this past weekend, and now it's chilly again. My allergies are just going CRAZY right now. Please pray that this does NOT evolve into a sinus infection. In the last three years, EVERY time I take an antibiotic, I have had a GI flare. We do NOT want that for Baby K right now, so please join me in praying that the allergy meds (which are safe for baby) will do the trick so I don't have to take an antibiotic followed by steroids!
Thanks all!
We have had lots of weather changes around here....going from hot to super cold, then back to warm this past weekend, and now it's chilly again. My allergies are just going CRAZY right now. Please pray that this does NOT evolve into a sinus infection. In the last three years, EVERY time I take an antibiotic, I have had a GI flare. We do NOT want that for Baby K right now, so please join me in praying that the allergy meds (which are safe for baby) will do the trick so I don't have to take an antibiotic followed by steroids!
Thanks all!





No comments:
Post a Comment