Sunday, October 27, 2013

Weeks 23 and 24: An Update

How is it possible that it is almost November already!!??  These next few months are my absolute favorite, so I am so excited! 

Previous posts:
If you missed my last update, click here to read about Weeks 21 and 22. 

Doctor's appointments:
I just had my 24-week check up and glucose testing done on Monday.  I haven't heard anything back, and they told me no news was good news, so I'm assuming I passed the glucose screening!  Yay!  Compared to drinking the colonoscopy prep stuff or the Barium for an upper endoscopy, the super sweet, super syrupy orange juice was really no big deal.  For those that haven't done a glucose test, you simply drink the little bottle of juice they give you and then they do blood work exactly an hour later.  I don't really know how the process works, except that they are checking how your blood sugar levels are affected by the spike in sugar.

My doctor got out the little tape measure for the first time to actually measure my belly.  It made me happy.  She said everything checked out perfectly!  Yay!  My next appointment is at 28 weeks and then at 32 weeks, we will have another ultrasound.  I'm excited for THAT appointment! :-)

Next week I also have my last infusion of the year before we start all over again with meeting a new deductible.  I can get so frustrated with dealing with insurance coverage and random medical bills that I forget to stop and just be grateful for medical insurance.  I am especially grateful at this time of year when we have met our deductible and out of pocket max for the year.  :)

Maternity clothes or regular clothes?
If you scroll down, I think you'll be able to tell that it's pretty obvious that I can't fit in any of my regular clothes anymore.  All of a sudden, I have a serious belly.  And I'm ok with that.

Cravings/Aversions?
Not really.  All food just sounds good.  Heading in to the holidays I have two words that I need to repeat over and over to myself:  "PORTION CONTROL."   
I'm seriously hungry ALL. THE. TIME.

Highlight of the past two weeks?
Definitely getting to hear the baby's heart beat on Monday for my appointment.  My mom was able to go to my appointment with me and that just made it super special!

Going to a FamilyLife Weekend to Remember conference with MK.  If you have never been to one before, I strongly encourage you to look into it.  This was our third conference, and we always walk away feeling  more equipped as a couple.  Last time I was in a dark place mentally and emotionally (longing for a baby) and I was just plain angry as I listened to the parenting talks.  This time I really listened intently and found myself soaking up every word.  I'm just thankful for this blessing growing in my belly.  I don't feel worthy.

Sleep?
Sleep has definitely improved since my last update.  I have tried to cut out caffeine in the evenings, but it's kind of tricky.  I don't drink any caffeine in the mornings, so by about 5:00 every day after work, I am in desperate need of something.  But then if I drink a soda or coffee, I can't get to sleep that night.  And then the process repeats, so I'm just trying to strike a balance. 

Exercise?
I've been walking but not super regularly the past two weeks.  I need to figure out a rotation or something where I walk every other day or something so that I stay active!

Movement?
I am definitely feeling more movement, but it is still super subtle.  Matt has only felt kicks once or twice.  I'm ready for the obvious kicks that others will be able to feel too!  I keep teasing that we have a super laid back baby in there, so I am not going to complain about that.  I'll take a little MK baby any day....I could do without the strong-willed nature that I made my parents endure!

What we're looking forward to in the coming weeks?
Feeling more movement!!!
Our ultrasound at 32 weeks!!!
Helping my sister at the NWA Boutique show, which is coming up soon.  Check out her gorgeous jewelry, jewelry holders, and state canvases in her Etsy shop by clicking here.   
Checking things off our to-do list as we get ready for Baby K's arrival. 
Spending time with the Kleppes in Wisconsin over Thanksgiving!!!!


Pictures:
23 weeks:
24 weeks:
WOAH BABY!!!! I feel like I look ginormous on this particular day.  My belly still seems to fluctuate from moment to moment and day by day.  Wowzers!

Prayer Requests:
As always, we appreciate your prayers for continued health for me and Baby K!

If you are struggling with infertility or waiting for your kiddo(s), God has continued to lay you on my heart. I am praying for you, and I am just so sorry you are having to go through this pain.

No comments: