4 months from today is our due date! That seems insanely soon, especially since October, November, and December usually fly by!!! These next few months are going to be jam packed with holidays, traveling, getting the nursery ready, and preparing for Baby K! We can hardly wait!!
Previous posts:
If you want to catch up on my previous updates, you can find them here:
Doctor's appointments:
We haven't had any since our ultrasound. My next appointment is later this month when I get to drink the sugary drink and have my glucose checked for gestational diabetes. Praying that all will go well with that. I have a huge gag reflex, so please pray that I don't barf on any of the nurses!
Maternity clothes or regular clothes?
I'm transitioning to pretty much all maternity clothes all the time. I could get used to the elastic waistbands and comfy clothes permanently. I may never go back, people.
Cravings/Aversions?
I have been craving mozzarella sticks from Sonic for weeks, but I hadn't indulged or told anyone about my craving. Friday night my hubby surprised me. I know I know, not the healthiest option out there. I can't remember the last time I had cheese sticks, but let me tell you. So. Good. Haha!
Highlight of the past two weeks?
More energy throughout the day. I haven't felt energetic every single day, but I am no longer curling up on the couch to take a nap at 2:00 every day. In fact, I have rarely been napping. Progress!
We also started our gift registry at Target!! We had so much fun! Look at this stud with a gun:
We also started our gift registry at Target!! We had so much fun! Look at this stud with a gun:
We also learned how to tricky it is to buy things that are gender neutral. Stores really cater to the all pink or all blue theme. This is just another reason I am glad we are not finding out what we are having. I'm ok with the typical boy stuff, but I did not grow up wearing all pink...and if we have a little girl, I will have a hard time dressing her in pink ruffles and lace all the time. It's just not me. So we were creative and did our best to pick out things that could go either way gender-wise. It was a lot of fun!
Pictures:
Sleep?
These weeks were kinda rough sleep wise....when I'm asleep at night, I'm completely asleep. But when I wake up in the night, I am wide awake and have trouble getting back to sleep. There is no in between!!! It can be frustrating, but as a wise friend told me....it's getting me ready for life after baby K arrives!! Time will tell if I can get any better at this operating on lack of sleep thing??
Exercise?
Still walking as many days a week as I can. We just had a cold (well cool actually) front move in, so that'll make walking so much better!
Movement?
These last two weeks I have finally felt the baby move. It is still very very faint, but at least I can identify it! Yay!! I love the little kicks, even though I feel like I go to the bathroom a ton more now....feels like Baby K is jumping directly on my bladder (or else that is just the only time I can truly feels those little kicks).
And just this weekend, MK felt the baby kick! Coolest moment since our ultrasound for sure! Sooo special. He hasn't felt it again since, but people keep telling me the kicks will just get stronger, so I'm anxious for others to get to feel that too!!
These last two weeks I have finally felt the baby move. It is still very very faint, but at least I can identify it! Yay!! I love the little kicks, even though I feel like I go to the bathroom a ton more now....feels like Baby K is jumping directly on my bladder (or else that is just the only time I can truly feels those little kicks).
And just this weekend, MK felt the baby kick! Coolest moment since our ultrasound for sure! Sooo special. He hasn't felt it again since, but people keep telling me the kicks will just get stronger, so I'm anxious for others to get to feel that too!!
Pictures:
21 weeks 3 days:
As always, we appreciate your prayers for good health for me and Baby K! Seems like lots of people around me are getting sick, so I'm thankful to have not caught anything!
If you are struggling with infertility or waiting for your kiddo(s), you have been on my heart. I am praying for you. Fiercely.




No comments:
Post a Comment