Sunday, August 25, 2013

14 and 15

I am officially in the second trimester!! I think (no- I hope) that my energy is coming back slowly. There have actually been a few days recently where I haven't needed a nap to make it to 6:00. Woohoo! 

Most of this is for my own memory, so here goes:

Doctor's appointments:
I heard the baby's heart beat again at my 15 week appointment....140 beats per minute and going strong. We go back Sept 23rd for our 20-week ultrasound, the one where you find out the gender. But we're not finding out :-). We really want to be surprised.

Maternity clothes or regular clothes?
I can still fit in my regular clothes, but not super comfortably. If I'm wearing my regular jeans or shorts, I either wear my belly band or do the hair tie around the button trick. :-)  Most of my shirts still fit, but I am so much more comfortable in maternity clothes. I'm a comfort person. It trumps all. Let's be honest: I put on sports shorts and a t-shirt immediately after walking in the door after work!

My belly really fluctuates based on the day, so it's fun for me to look back at weekly pictures and see it get bigger and than smaller...still feeling super bloated!! No one told me just how bloated you become, plus my UC adds to it, so you get the picture. Lots of bloating on any given day!

Cravings/Aversions?
I don't think I've had any true cravings. Would I know if I've had a craving?!? Anyhow, I have consumed a ton of broccoli and carrots with ranch dressing and a lot of cottage cheese. I have never really liked tomatoes, but cherry tomatoes taste great to me lately?!? Hmmm....

Sleep?
I have always been a great sleeper, and so far my sleep has not been interrupted other than the normal trips to the bathroom. Fortunately, I can always go right back to sleep!

And now the real reason you read this blog...for the pictures!

14 weeks:

15 weeks:


15 weeks 3 days:

As you continue to pray for me and Baby K, would you please continue to pray with me for all my friends that are still waiting for their babies?  My heart aches with every person that is waiting for their kiddo. Thanks everyone! Xoxo!

4 comments:

Kelly Alberts said...

Yeah... Why don't they ever tell you about the bump changing daily based on time and state of bloat? :) I wondered that same thing. You look great! Good for you guys being surprised about the gender. I'm too curious!

Kristin's Chronicles said...

Seriously!! Based on the fullness of my intestines, I can look 25 weeks pregnant or not pregnant at all. Yikes!?!?
The gender thing will probably just get tougher and tougher, but we're gonna hold out!! :-)

Unknown said...

You look great! Totally understand the whole big one minute, smaller the next! I've been saying the same thing about the bloat making me seem like I'm 25 weeks pregnant and then all the sudden no bump.

Have fun being surprised! I've heard it's a lot of fun. We thought about doing that with Zoë, but in the end I couldn't. And now I'm not sure that I ever could. Takes a lot of determination :) You go, girl!

Kristin's Chronicles said...

Thanks Megan!!! Will you find out with baby #2?? :-)