1. There can be a lot of unspoken pressure on pregnant women today (or else it's all in my head)...pressure to eat perfectly, work out until 8 months, take a perfect picture each week of your (slowly) growing belly, not gain weight too quickly but put weight on just right each week, put together the perfect nursery, and know exactly what size fruit your child is compared to that week, etc. Ugh!
In some ways, it's information overload for me. A lot of these expectations are well-meaning, but are still pressure nonetheless. There's Pinterest....the site that makes me feel slightly inadequate constantly, but i can't quit. :-) Seriously, how many pins have you actually tried compared to how many you've pinned altogether?!? Anyhow, I try to just march to the beat of my own drum..... It's better that way.
2. I love how so many people say that they dont care if they are having a boy or girl, but then tell me they HAVE to know the gender of the baby. When I tell people we aren't finding out the gender, so many tell me they couldn't do that. It just makes me laugh. I agree, it will be tougher to plan out the nursery, but thats ok. Those decisions are hard for me anyway. Lol. I just want to be surprised!!! Delivery will probably not be a bed of roses, so on top of the joy of meeting our kiddo that day, we'll also get the surprise of our lives!!
3. I have no idea how we are going to get our dogs to not bark or jump at all when we bring home our baby. Operation: get them to stay off our couches is in effect! Wish us luck!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
1. So very true! I have found as long as you're comfortable with whatever choices you're making (weekly belly shots or occasional), just keep trucking to your own drum beat. (Like how you said that.) :) You may find you'll change with the next baby. Or you may like what you did and keep trucking.
2. Being a person who found out, I can see where you're coming from, but there are people like me who decided to find out because they wanted to "talk" to the baby by name. More specifically in my case, I wanted to be able to pray for mine by name. Not that I couldn't have prayed for them without knowing, it just added a personal touch for me that I really enjoyed. I LOVE that you've decided not to find out though. So many couples really enjoy the surprise of it. (I'm no fan of surprises so another reason I didn't/don't wait.) Also, you can plan a really cute nursery gender neutral. We went neutral for everything that could be reused and just added girly touches for Zoƫ that would be hers as she grew.
3. Ummm....well I forgot your 3rd bullet, even though I had a thought that went with it. However, I will say this: I've been catching up on your journey with your health. Kristin, I am sure you have touched people's lives with the way you have handled it. Just the honesty you have put out here and yet how you've leaned into God through it is awesome! Makes me wish I'd have taken time to get to know you better when we were in Little Rock and somehow maintained our friendship even after you moved. So so neat!
Post a Comment