Thursday, October 3, 2013

10 months flare free!

A friend asked me the other day, "How are you doing?" or maybe it was "How are you feeling?"  Has someone ever asked you that question when you really felt like they meant it?  Or maybe I just took the time to truly think about my answer.  Most of the time, I just tend to give a pretty canned response of "I'm doing great! Thanks."

This time it made me think.

For the past couple of years, I have been in one of three scenarios with my health:

-getting sick/about to be sick
-sick
-getting over being sick

Granted, there have been various degrees of each one, but that has been my reality lately.  Just as I would break out of one cycle of Prednisone, it would be shortly after that I would need it again.  Once you start a prescription of steroids, you have to be on it for several months, taper down gradually, etc.

Up until recently, there has always been that feeling in the back of my mind: "When will I flare again?"  Honestly, I haven't had many of those thoughts lately, although I would be lying if I told you it's completely gone.  I've read online and heard about "those people" that only have a flare a year or every few years, and I've always wondered what that would be like!!!  Haha.  I guess up until my friend asked me that question, I hadn't really realized that I'm just about there.  I haven't had a flare since Dec 2012, which is 10 months of being flare free.  What??!?!

I hadn't even thought about how healthy I have been because this baby growing inside of me has been such a distraction.  In a good way.  He/she has given me something else to think (and sometimes worry) about.  So for right now, I am just grateful. 

When I wrote Chapter 21, I don't think I had any clue what was to come (or how quickly things would change) when I wrote that this was not the end, but just the beginning....so cool how God continues to work and move.

And just because....a bump picture. Hello belly!
21 weeks!


No comments: