We are HALFWAY! I can't believe it....now there are fewer weeks remaining than we have been through, which is crazy!!!!
A lot of this is for my own memory--even years from now it'll be fun to look back--so if you started reading this blog and got hooked due to my endless poop stories or medical saga, I'm sorry. You will be disappointed because all of that has kind of gone dormant. Ahhh!!!!??? Do I really just say that? Ok, anyhow....
Doctor's appointments:
On Monday we had our 20-week gender ultrasound. In case you missed it, we are having a....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Baby!! We aren't finding out the gender and even our doctor teased us about not wanting to find out. Seriously though we are just grateful to be pregnant. Knowing the gender will just be icing on the cake compared to delivering a healthy baby. We do not take good health lightly around here.
Our baby had its hands and feet up by its face during the ultrasound. He/she was also working on its sucking reflex...super sweet. The heart was beating 140 beats per minute. Baby weighs about 12 ounces, and I was actually measuring 20 weeks 1 day at my ultrasound, so I'm about a week ahead of what they thought--I could have told them that....lol. (I'm more like 21 weeks today than 20). It was wonderful to see the baby and see the heart beating strongly. Looooots to be grateful for!
Sweet little profile....
Maternity clothes or regular clothes?
The pants/jeans/capris that I am wearing all almost all maternity. For work I am enjoying wearing lots of sun dresses and skirts that are stretchy and more comfortable than anything else I own. I am still able to get by with some shirts that fit, but maternity clothes are becoming more and more comfortable with each passing day. At home, you're still likely to find me in athletic shorts or sweat pants with an elastic waist and a comfy t-shirt.
Cravings/Aversions?
Nope. Nothing really. Although I did make 2 pans of Rice Krispie treats last week (one regular pan and the other were Scotcheroos...) so maybe I was craving those?
Sleep?
I am back to sleeping pretty well no matter what. I have taken fewer and fewer naps recently, and I think that is helping me sleep better at night.
Exercise?
Walking has become my thing. Hoping that as the weather continues to stay cooler and cooler that this will become a part of our everyday routine.
Movement?
I still don't think I've felt the baby move yet. People tell me that when it happens, I'll know. I guess they are right. There have been little tiny rumblings in my belly, but those are pretty normal for me given my GI issues, so I'm not really sure if they originate in my growing belly or my funky colon??? For now, I'm enjoying waiting with anticipation!
Pictures:
I still don't think I've felt the baby move yet. People tell me that when it happens, I'll know. I guess they are right. There have been little tiny rumblings in my belly, but those are pretty normal for me given my GI issues, so I'm not really sure if they originate in my growing belly or my funky colon??? For now, I'm enjoying waiting with anticipation!
Pictures:
I usually take pictures at night when MK is home to take them. I think I look so tired in all of them because they are after work. Just keepin' it real.....
18 weeks 1 day:
19 weeks 1 day:
19 weeks 3 days:
PS-Operation "KEEP THE DOGS OFF THE FURNITURE" is going really well actually (they would tell you otherwise). We like it. They don't. That's not entirely true. Max seems to be fine with the new rules, but Bailey whines every night to get on the couch. Kinda breaks my heart, but I'm sticking to my guns. This is good parenting practice I suppose.
Prayer Requests:
-Keep on praying for a boring pregnancy. We want this to contine to be uneventful with no flare-ups!!
-Keep praying for those that ache to hold their kiddos. You are constantly on my heart.




2 comments:
Whoa, we're even closer in our pregnancy calendars than it originally appeared! How exciting!
I know! It is making time fly when I pretty much lost a week--haha! You are looking so good, and it's so nice to read your blog knowing you are a couple weeks ahead so I know what to anticipate! :)
Post a Comment