Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Weeks 16 and 17

I can't believe we are ALMOST to the halfway point of this pregnancy...while I wouldn't say that time has flown, I would also be lying if I told you we were "ready" for Baby K's arrival.  We're ready, but have nothing ready.  Does that make sense? Haha!

 Anyhow, for my own memory, here's what's been going on the past few weeks...

Doctor's appointments:
The only appointments I've really had lately have been with my GI doctor and my routine infusion, which you can read about here.  My GI doctor informed that I am due for a routine colonoscopy in April.  Deliver in February and then have a colonoscopy in April?  Anesthesia, not being able to breastfeed for 24, not to mention the prep work that it requires while I have a newborn on my hands... Yikes.  We might be pushing that back just a few months, doc.
We go back Sept 23rd for our 20ish-week ultrasound (I'll be 20 weeks officially on the 26th).  I am most looking forward to hearing that sweet little heartbeat again and checking in to see how he/she is doing!   

Maternity clothes or regular clothes?
It is really amazing.  One day I will look like I am obviously pregnant and then the next day, I can wear a shirt where I don't show at all and even I forget that I'm pregnant for a little while....until I look in the mirror the next day and have quite the bump.  It's quite bizarre.  I'm wearing almost all maternity pants/shorts, but I can still fit into lots of shirts if they are longer and flowy. 

Cravings/Aversions?
Pretty funny that after my last post at week 15 (which you can read here) I didn't think I was having any cravings/aversions.  Literally just a few days later the sight of chicken really made me sick to my stomach.  I still haven't gotten past it....as far as meat goes, I pretty much only want to eat red meat right now.  Chicken is usually a dinner staple in some form at our house, so I am having to get a little more creative. 

Oh yes, and all desserts on Pinterest look UH-MAZ-ING.  I may or may not have made Rice Krispie treats and banana bread today.  That's pretty normal though...

Sleep?
I have recently become a much lighter sleeper and am having more trouble staying asleep at night.  Maybe this is just in my body's best interest for the sake of preparation for my future. I literally function the best on 9+ hours of sleep each night, so I know my poor body will be in shock when I am up at crazy hours in the middle of the night.  
I think I need to cut back on my afternoon naps as well.  Before those didn't affect my ability to fall asleep one bit, but I think now they are starting to prevent me from falling asleep, so I'm just going to have to make a rule to NOT nap if it's after 3:00. Starting tomorrow. :-)

Exercise?
It has been cooler here lately, so I have actually been able to get out and walk more with the puppies.  They LOOOOOOVE when I pull out their leashes.  It's like I haven't walked them much lately or something?!?  Pretty much from the point we found out we were pregnant until now it has been HOT HOT HOT outside.  I can only handle so much of the heat these days, so I went from running miles and miles (back in March and April when we ran our half marathon, which you can read about here) to not doing anything and sleeping all the time in my first trimester.  I am just ready for fall weather and more walks with the puppies. They are finally able to go for a walk without tangling up their leashes or dragging me along, so I want to enjoy this fall and winter by taking lots of walks!

MK?
MK is the steady rock like normal.  He is so servant-hearted and thoughtful.  He has learned the hard way not to wake me up during my afternoon naps.  I think he will be ok with my rule to ban them after 3:00.  I know it has got to be hard for this to feel "real" to him, but he has told me that the more I start showing, the more real it has become to him.  I don't know what I'd do without him.   

Pictures:
Baby K's first Razorback game.  It was a hot one with temps near 100 degrees, but I was so thankful that our seats are in the shade.  My fingers and toes were a little puffy after the game.


These two don't know how much their world is going to change in February. They are already "feeling the love" because they are not allowed on one of the couches.  I haven't had the heart to kick them off of the love seat too.  We'll see.  We've started playing crying babies on YouTube.  Bailey doesn't seem to notice, and Max's ears perk up and he walks right up to the Ipad like he's trying to figure out where the sound is coming from to make it stop!

17 weeks 5 days:
Sorry for the blurry I-phone selfie.  I am so bad about remembering to have MK take my picture each week!  That's my goal from here on out...I will get better photos!!

3 comments:

Kubby said...

Love reading your blog Kristin! You are doing great!! patsy (kubby)

Megan said...

You look great!

Kristin's Chronicles said...

Thanks Patsy!!

Thanks Megan! I'm so excited for you too--it's been fun following your pregnancy on your blog!!!