Lots to update ya'll on this time!
Previous posts:
Click here to read my previous update on Weeks 29 and 30!
Doctor's appointments:
Yesterday, we had my 32-week appointment. On our first ultrasound at 20 weeks, we found out that our baby's kidneys were slightly enlarged, so they ordered another ultrasound for 32 weeks to re-check those measurements. Our doctor strongly encouraged us to NOT worry about this, as most of the time, it corrects itself. We just took it as another opportunity to get to see Baby K!
It was so much fun. My thoughts as we were looking at the ultrasound:
- This baby has big puffy cheeks
- Baby K has MK's nose (I think)
- So grateful for a strong heartbeat of 155 beats per minute
- Wow! That baby has some long toes!
- No wonder I have been feeling kicks up so high...this baby is long and already almost up to the top of my ribs!
Previous posts:
Click here to read my previous update on Weeks 29 and 30!
Doctor's appointments:
Yesterday, we had my 32-week appointment. On our first ultrasound at 20 weeks, we found out that our baby's kidneys were slightly enlarged, so they ordered another ultrasound for 32 weeks to re-check those measurements. Our doctor strongly encouraged us to NOT worry about this, as most of the time, it corrects itself. We just took it as another opportunity to get to see Baby K!
It was so much fun. My thoughts as we were looking at the ultrasound:
- This baby has big puffy cheeks
- Baby K has MK's nose (I think)
- So grateful for a strong heartbeat of 155 beats per minute
- Wow! That baby has some long toes!
- No wonder I have been feeling kicks up so high...this baby is long and already almost up to the top of my ribs!
- Gosh, I love this baby!!
After my ultrasound, we met with my doctor. She started out by explaining that our baby's kidneys are still enlarged, but again, it is not alarming to her. She explained that if the baby's kidneys were truly not working properly, we would know because the baby is drinking amniotic fluid and peeing it back out. IF there were something drastically wrong, this would affect the amount of amniotic fluid around the baby, and based on all the measurements of the ultrasound technician, my fluid levels were looking just fine! So, we will likely wait to discuss anything further until after baby arrives...we'll discuss it with our pediatrician at that point, who will tell us a plan of action (if one is needed).
After my ultrasound, we met with my doctor. She started out by explaining that our baby's kidneys are still enlarged, but again, it is not alarming to her. She explained that if the baby's kidneys were truly not working properly, we would know because the baby is drinking amniotic fluid and peeing it back out. IF there were something drastically wrong, this would affect the amount of amniotic fluid around the baby, and based on all the measurements of the ultrasound technician, my fluid levels were looking just fine! So, we will likely wait to discuss anything further until after baby arrives...we'll discuss it with our pediatrician at that point, who will tell us a plan of action (if one is needed).
Our doctor also shared that Baby K has quite a large head and is weighing in at a whopping 4 pounds 12 ounces, so I am actually measuring around 34 weeks!??!! Wowsers.
I shared with her my fears of having a flare after delivery (my flares are generally caused by stress to the body, and delivery definitely counts as stressful to the body. ha!) she confirmed that a flare can be pretty common in women that delivery naturally because all your "plumbing" is affected when pushing that baby out. Given that I am measuring so much further along, our baby has a big noggin' already, and we are wanting to avoid a flare, she basically told us that her strong recommendation is a scheduled C-section. I am coming around to the idea the longer I can process it. So, I go back for a check-up in two weeks and then have a pelvic exam two weeks after that...at which point we will more than likely set the date for this baby to enter the world! Time is flying by!
Quite ironic that we are being surprised with the gender, but this baby's birthdate will be known ahead of time (unless I go into labor beforehand). Ha!
Maternity clothes or regular clothes?
All maternity all the time....
Cravings/Aversions?
Nothing in particular...
Highlight of the past two weeks?
Maternity clothes or regular clothes?
All maternity all the time....
Cravings/Aversions?
Nothing in particular...
Highlight of the past two weeks?
- Definitely our ultrasound and getting to see sweet Baby K's chubby face!
- My parents helped us with the nursery this past weekend. It is coming along! Here are a few sneak peeks:
Sorry the lighting is poor, but you get the idea:
Sleep?
Sleep is not too bad. Waking up more and more again to go to the bathroom. Still sleeping pretty lightly, but overall, not too bad.
Exercise?
Thankfully I walk around A LOT at work. It is so nice to be able to rotate back and forth between walking and sitting!
Movement?
I can feel movements, but the ultrasound technician said it isn't surprising because this baby is already taking up so much space in there! There's not as much room to move around in there!
What we're looking forward to in the coming weeks?
-Christmas
-Our shower in January!
31 weeks:
- Week who-knows anymore? 32?? 34??!!
Love this guy!! He is taking such great care of Baby K and I!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment